What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orchidioides utrics for postage

Hi guys,

I received some utrics last year from Ron (RL7836). It was a generous give away and I am here to pay it forward. The following is from the original description:

- U. alpina x endresii (or endresii x alpina - exactly which parent is which - is not clear). This is an extremely robust plant that may be even more 'beginner-friendly' than U. alpina. Flower shot in this thread.

- U. unknown - this is a plant from which the label was lost. The leaves have an appearance like U. alpina but it could also be a hybrid with U. alpina as the parent (believe that it is seedgrown)

I will be taking a plug from one of the containers I have been growing it in (specifically the one in the picture).

IMG_1529.jpg

As this is a give away, I ask that you not use these as trade fodder in the future but past it along when they have propagated sufficiently for you as well so that others might enjoy them. Though ultimately, it's up to you what you do with it.

The utrics will go for postage to the first person who can accurately guess my favorite Nepenthes (1 guess per 24hrs). Will fit in flat rate so expect around 5$ or so for the postage. US residents only.

Happy guessing :)

-z

Last edited:
I'll give this a shot. N. Jamban. Thanks for sharing, best of luck to everyone!

I would love to get into more utrics. Here's my guess for today: N. bicalcurata.

Always wanted a utric but never got one. Are we talking hybrids too? N. rajah

Nice giveaway! Very generous of you Sir!

ephippiata. Thanks for the offer!

N villosa

N. veitchii

Maybe even find the place you got hurt.

N. lowii x truncata :lol:

I'm gonna go with... N. northiana!

Hint: Generally a big species/natural hybrids kind of guy. Not to say I don't have a fondness for certain unnatural hybrids, but in this case, stick to the species/natural guesses.

Nepenthes x trusmadiensis

Everyone, feel free to guess again if you haven't already done so today.

N. truncata

Back