What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orchid id help

Hi, I bought this orchid today and its label says that it's a cambria but to me it looks like a miltonia. Help please

c784b12ce8a69c1c5774ea1877840c9e.jpg

Sent from my SM-T715 using Tapatalk

If you got it from a BBS, all bets are off as to whether it was labeled correctly. That said, it could very well be a Cambria. Since Cambria are intergeneric hybrids with Miltomia in their background, it is not beyond the realm of possibility that this particular one's traits are simply strongly influenced by the Miltonia genetics.

Thanks for your answer. I'm not from the US so I don't know what a bbs is. How would you treat this orchid? Just like other cambrias?

BBS = big box store - basically any large chain store, rather than a dedicated orchid shop.

How would you treat this orchid? Just like other cambrias?

Yes ... Brighter light than Phalanopsis but less than the high light some of the Cattleyas require, and intermediate temperatures.

BBS = big box store - basically any large chain store, rather than a dedicated orchid shop.
Thank you I've never heard that before [emoji2]

Yes ... Brighter light than Phalanopsis but less than the high light some of the Cattleyas require, and intermediate temperatures.
Okay I'll put it next to my oncidium then :)

Back