What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Olympus Evolt E500

What does one think of this camera? A Good deal. Will it take all the Old kinds of Lenses, I realy want to get ALL sorts of Lenses Macro like no bodys buisness, all the crazy little Gizmoe's.

I was looking at a Coolpix 4500 But IT doesnt have a good veiw far away. Any other Good cameras with lots of good lenses (expecialy macroI love macro lenses) That's digital!

I don't know the camera, but if you already have Olympus lenses that are compatible with it, it's definitely the way to go.  If you don't already have some lenses, you should research which "family" of lenses makes sense for you.  The quality of the lens matters more than anything, so figure out which are the best at prices you can afford.  Read reviews, look at the used market on eBay and decide which make the most sense.

My several year old 3 megapixel Canon with good (not professional) quality Canon lenses blows away a 6 megapixel camera that's shot through an inferior lens.  I cringe when I see someone who paid big money for a top of the line camera and then slapped a cheap Sigma on it.  Be especially careful about zoom lenses.  I'm not a fan of them, but Canon and others do make some nice ones.  But the same companies also sell some garbage.

Thanks for that information, I was planning on getting the Camera, and then a NICE at least Macro lense, Cause Im not going to be focusing so much on distant shots.

I wish I could try these cameras out.

My Olympus C-750 UZ, there is a newer version out now, has great macro capability and a 10x (360 mm) zoom.  You can buy an adapter to take most other Olympus lens.
Take a look at some of my pics at:

http://www.cpforums.org/gallery/album01

great photos... what was the price for the camera? Im kind of tight on cash, but should have enough for about 1,500 on the side for when I buy it

I think I paid about $350 for it.  There is even a 1.7 telephoto lens adapter available for it.  I believe the newer version is SP 510 UZ
7.1 mega pixel for under $350.  
Go to
http://www.olympusamerica.com/

I have the C770UZ and i got as set of macro lenses for it a total of +17 diopters and it is like a microscope if its a great sunny day with no clouds or wind.

What kind of macro lense, what where they called and what was the magnification? (whats diopters?)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lauderdale @ Oct. 12 2006,9:46)]My Olympus C-750 UZ, there is a newer version out now, has great macro capability and a 10x (360 mm) zoom.  You can buy an adapter to take most other Olympus lens.
Take a look at some of my pics at:

http://www.cpforums.org/gallery/album01
amazing pics there. I love the VFT. Sooo perfect....sooo intricate....so blended in with the moss. now thats the perfect habitat for a VFT.
smile.gif

I hope you realize that most VFT's arent found with sphagnum moss? (unless I have been miss informed!)

lol! isn't sphagnum found in the same habitat like a bog.

SO mathematically:

Sphaghnum gives peat, VFT grows in peat bogs which would imply, VFT and sphagnum co exist.
smile.gif
smile_n_32.gif

yea, you idea is right, but try planting a VFT in strait sphagnum. probably would be a little more wet than the VFT would like but its not saying It cant grow their, but you can find VFT's in less sphagnum filled areas, their will be patches but its mostly peat now.

any ways n e one got more information on cameras..

The sphagnum was just a covering. The VFT's are growing in 50/50 peat and silica sand. I had to give away my whole collection, except for a few pings and drosera, when I moved to my condo. Too much wind and salt air up this high.

I have a Canon EOS 20D, and I love it. I have the 17-85mm IS USM zoom lens, and the 100mm USM macro lens.

They both rock.

My next accessories for it will be:

A good flash
A tripod
a 10-20mm ultra-wide lens
a 100-300mm diffractive optics lens (same size as normal lens, instead of the usual telephoto monster)
a ring flash for the macro lens

Back