What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now I don't mind spiders or snakes, but I may have some limits

chibae

An orchid fancier with a CP problem
Quick background:
1. I live in a split foyer home, the basement door is kinda in the middle if the back lower level but further away from the bedroom side of the upper level.
2. My side of the bed, under which my shoes are kept, is furthest from the bedroom door.
3. One of my cats, who shall remain nameless except to say it's not Captain, likes to pile all my shoes up in a mini cairn to keep crickets in that she hasn't finished playing with before killing.

Well yesterday my dear, sweet husband finally remembered to tell me that over the summer he had spotted a shoe cairn while I was at work and upon dismantling it found not a cricket or two but instead baby black snakes.

Now my cats do not go outside, and we have on occasion during the summer had baby snakes work their way into the basement. I have no fear of them and just gently remove them to the far back yard. I'm just trying to imagine my petite half Siamese cat carrying three or four wriggling baby blacksnakes up to my room so she could "cage" them to play with later.

Rat snakes or racers?

I want one :-D

Black Rat snakes are excellent. If I could choose one snake to keep, that would be the one. I've found several with scars all over their faces, and even one that was blind in one eye, but they still are sleek and healthy and have no trouble going after mice and voles.

Snakes are such amazing predators. I'm in awe every time I see one slither somewhere, the power with which they move is just so obvious.

Last edited:
Back