What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, it was great to meet everyone! I had a fantastic time.

Thanks to Nathan for hosting.

Can't wait for the next meeting!

The meeting/barbeque was very fun and the time flew by. Everyone was very nice, but what would you expect from TF members. This is the only picture I managed to get from the barbeque.

(top left to right: akuz/Andrey, MrFlyTrap2/Nathan, peat/Phill, droseraguy/Chris)
(bottom left to right: CPlantaholic/Aaron, GrowinOld/Paul, Captain Hamata/Chris/me, Kitkor/Ryan)

chrispics045.jpg

After I left the party, me, my sisters and our friend headed to Chicago to see the city. On the way I stopped in at a Home Depot.

chrispics057.jpg

chrispics056.jpg

I found a rack of these and they looked decent so I bought two.

vfts.jpg

vft7.jpg

vft4.jpg

Then we drove through a really ghetto area before finally arriving in the city.

Chicago1.jpg

Chicago3.jpg

Here's a pic from the evening boat ride we went on.

Chicago7.jpg

Saw a person sleeping under a bridge.

homelessperson.jpg

The best part about the city was being able to drive like crap and cut people off because everyone does it there. All in all it was a fun one day trip to the land of Lincoln.

Well, for those of you who are interested... more Pics of the CP BBQ!

Here's some of the CP growers at the gathering, exchanging ideas, experiences and techniques. It is amazing how some people think they have little to offer (like even here on the forum) compared to everyone else. But as it turns out, even the smallest shared experience or information can make a world of difference to those open enough to listen.

GroupChat.jpg

Besides exchanging ideas and information, trading and sharing plants proved most rewarding and exciting. Getting together turned out to be a good time for everyone.

Group1.jpg

It helps so much to hear what others are doing, what is working for them and what is not. It is thru this hands-on experience of amateur growers that the future techiniques of growing and propagating will be established.
Thank you again to everyone we met. My wife Kathy & I had a great time, and look forward to seeing you all again sometime! :boogie:

We definately need to do this again. I had a great time talking up everyone. It was fun meeting you all and seeing that subterranian room of doom that Nate has ! I still can't believe that some came from so far. Well put on Nate.

I'd love to do this, but I'm 15 and well... me hanging out with a bunch of grown men would NOT go over well with my parents. LOL Those little tube things are what Sir Charles came in, by the way... I think I'm liking this company. ;)

If it makes a difference my wife claims I don't act a day over 16. But seroiously your gonna have to get a ride anyway so have them come along and join us. There was enough food and conversation of all types to occupy their entire afternoon. I wish my 15 year old son was interested, maybe he will come next time.

I wish I could have joined you guys!! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Looks like everyone had a AWSOME time. Wish GP_Princess and i could have made it.. :blush: Maybe next yr but it will have to be a date we dont go to the track for racing nor when we have our club meets or events going on..

Hey, its not true what DroseraGuy said.

I met him and he does act like a he's a day over 16! Perhaps only one day however! :-))
(Actually, meeting him was great!)

Kidding aside...
it was indeed a wonderful time because of the people. You couldn't ask to meet a nicer group of people, and we shared our interests, experiences and of course plants. With all of that, you couldn't ask for more!

And by the way, DroseraGuy was right. Even my wife came and had a great time. Meeting him and seeing all his terrific plants, as well as Nathan's [MrFlyTrap2] CP room and everyone elses stuff was quite impressive. It's very interesting to see what others are doing.

We would have liked to have met some of the other spouses, children, and even parents. You didn't have to be a CP addict to have a good time with this group. Besides, it's good for the non-CP'ers to see that their spouses and kids are not the only ones enthralled by these amazing plants!

Is this year's meeting being planned yet?
I looked around for an announcement and didn't find.
Les

I don't believe we've come up with a date yet. In case Nate hasn't already seen this, I'll shoot him a pm and maybe we can start a discussion here on what a good date would be. There was another person interested on cpuk forum as well. I think we may be able to increase numbers if we set a date now, rather than waiting until we did last time. Then everyone can have it on their calendars several months in advance.

The last meeting was great. Not only did I have the chance to meet some awesome people, but I learned things there that brought my cp collection back to life. I highly recommend everyone to come if you are even slightly interested. It is well worth the drive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back