What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New TerraForums style/look!

• Thread starter adnedarn
  • Start date

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
Well, here is the new style that @vraev and I have been working on. :) I wanted to have it active about a month before the auctions start so everyone can get used to it so there are still a few tweaks that we're playing with (I'm actually releasing it without telling him :X ) so some things may change a bit still.
What do you think?
Let me know if you see anything crazy or have any suggestions.
Thanks!!

Normally I don't like it when the look of a forum changes but . . .

This Is Amazing!!! I really like it!

The only problem I've found is some of the color text that I've used in the past looks hard to see in some posts (like black on black).

Edit: And it seems the auction-count-down-clock is active, but it's stated that the auction starts on May14 . . .

But yes, it looks fantastic! :D

Last edited:
Thanks man, I did consider that some people may have used a custom dark text in older posts... But I really wanted to move to a darker theme. I don't really have an easy fix for it either. But if you come to a thread you want to read and the text is like that, you can highlight it so you can read it. Hopefully people that may have used that in growlists and such can give it an edit which shouldn't be too hard. :)

Edit: And it seems the auction-count-down-clock is active, but it's stated that the auction starts on May14 . . .
The count down is for when listing/bidding begins.

Wow! That's a pretty big shift. So far, so good though. I do like the darker theme. I also like the auction countdown clock!

I'm not very active on the forum, though I do take the NASC Benefit Auction quite seriously, but I like the old style a lot more.
(I'm not a fan of dark styles.)
Is there an option to choose the old style?

Excellent! Looks clean and I like the contrast. It also seems to be easier to navigate.

I'm not very active on the forum, though I do take the NASC Benefit Auction quite seriously, but I like the old style a lot more.
(I'm not a fan of dark styles.)
Is there an option to choose the old style?
Bottom left (or bottom center depending how you're viewing the forum) of the forum. Click carbon and chose "default style"

Wow! That's a pretty big shift. So far, so good though. I do like the darker theme. I also like the auction countdown clock!

Excellent! Looks clean and I like the contrast. It also seems to be easier to navigate.
Thanks! I tried many and settled on this then modified it quite a bit.

The count down is for when listing/bidding begins.
It wasn't when I first looked . . . wish I had copied and pasted it, but it said something like "listing and bidding is now active". Now it's changed to "Review the rules in the 2021 NASC Benefit Auction forum. Listing and bidding for the NASC auction begins in".

Either way, it's fixed now! :)

Bottom left (or bottom center depending how you're viewing the forum) of the forum. Click carbon and chose "default style"
Thank you!
I'm glad we have a choice in which style to choose from. (y)

It wasn't when I first looked . . . wish I had copied and pasted it, but it said something like "listing and bidding is now active". Now it's changed to "Review the rules in the 2021 NASC Benefit Auction forum. Listing and bidding for the NASC auction begins in".

Either way, it's fixed now! :)
I wish you would have too ;) I reversed the sentences and added "in" since you found it not clear I wanted to make sure it was. But it originally said:
"Listing and bidding for the NASC auction begins!
Review the rules in the 2021 NASC Benefit Auction forum."

Now if you would have had access to the style when I was setting it up you would have seen:
"2021 NASC auction is LIVE! List items and bid now, thanks for your support!" Because I messed up and put 2020 as the start year. But I fixed that before I made the skin live. :) lol

Looking good Andrew. :) I like the flatter look of the bars now :). We might have to make a few changes haha. ;)

I tried clicking carbon and going to default, but this color scheme is the only one I get. I miss my blue

I tried clicking carbon and going to default, but this color scheme is the only one I get. I miss my blue
The second option. "Default style" not the first one "use default style". The green is now set to be default, but the original one is called default. Guess I could rename the original so that is less confusing.

Back