What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new tank, 8 gallon planted journal.

bucephalandras grow very slow. i dont think its possible for them to grow fast :(

you'd be surprised. I have a sp. velvet 1 that I nearly lost. when I first introduced it to this tank, it had reduced itself to a rhizome with two pathetic nubs are leaves (9/17).
here it is now:

then again, when comparing with heliamphora, everything else seems to grow faster...

i guess this is an excuse to share the other buces in the tank ;) :

Bucephalandra sp. “Sintang”

Bucephalandra sp. Sokan “shine blue”

Bucephalandra sp. Kir Royale “Royal Blue”

Bucephalandra sp. “Brownie Ghost”

and have no idea how this one got in the tank. not complaining though!

moved a few things around, added a few more things...
11424869324_37a25a1f3c_b.jpg

how the tank stands today:
11424761383_6497e92529_b.jpg

stumbled upon for the first time: the undersides of H. pinnatifida. metallic pink!
11424760693_f6380af02c_b.jpg

not sure on the exact id on this one... best guess is Rotala macrandra, but cant settle on the variant. any guesses?
11424614486_d472904234_b.jpg

as always, thanks for taking a look!

Really nice tank. Love the Bucephalandra. Don't have any yet, but love looking at them.

So much to learn here, I never thought about them living in an aquarium? What do they survive on in the tank?

Buces? They're lithophytic and live near and in fast currents. Their natural habitat fluctuates with water levels so the plants sometimes grow emersed or submersed. they get CO2 supplementation as well as ferts.

Back