What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Skin!!

omg no wonder i didnt recognize ozzy! he changed his avatar!

He's been SUPER helpful. I'm sure he'll be able to figure it out. It's probably my fault for the addons I've done anyway. ??? LOL

He's been SUPER helpful. I'm sure he'll be able to figure it out. It's probably my fault for the addons I've done anyway. ??? LOL

Yeah, a misplaced or missing html tag can ruin your day and drive you nuts :comp:

YAY! GREEN! thanks Andrew :bigthumpup:

Its TOOOOOOOO green. Can we get a softer green? This is like electric green. I hate blue but the other one looked better. I miss IkonBoard. :( Everything looks so big and heavy-handed.

I know its hard and a lot of work to make these updates and changes...but IMHO this one looks like a cartoon.

Bottom line, all free skins have "problems" if we want one made to exactly what we want... I'm looking at about $800 No offense. But I'm not paying that. So, generic, pre-made skins, is what we get. I looked at going in and editing the colors myself.. And there are too many to change, and have co-ordinate with the other colors. I promise it will look worse than any of "these".

I think the reason everything looks so big to you, is that you use such a small desktop setting.
Andrew

My plan, is once everythign is settled in, change that dark green for something lighter.. and change the oarnge maybe to something a little different as well. But I want everything working before these changes are made. Slightly modifying a skin (dark green to lighter) is waaay easier than starting over (blue to light green) We'll see what happens. that's the best I can say.

Last edited:
i like, i like....

Yay!!! 2 people Like it! woohoo!!!! :blush: (out of how many?? almost 300 ACTIVE members or so(by the way, "active" as said at the bottom, is determined by how many people have logged in within the past 30 days)) Like it! woohoo!!!! :blush:

Nice job giving the forum a distinctive look

( and good job giving those who dont like it a choice i guess.... of course this isnt a vote, so we don't need to count them...)

Good color --- green. I like green, unless the plants look better in pink, or red, or gold, etc.

I like the green theme, however I find the shade of green doesn't have enough contrast and I was getting eye strain and started to get a headache to boot.

Not enough contrast to what? The white leters? i was careful on picking a theme that the post areas were white.......???

Not enough contrast to what? The white leters? i was careful on picking a theme that the post areas were white.......???

The green lettering on the indexes, usernames etc. is a little too light for my weak eyes :D

hehe, maybe it's time to make your desktop smaller. ??? I thought usernames were HUGE here. I could go for some bigger "edit" "quote" etc buttons with this skin.

It's not the size, the green lettering could be a little darker shade to improve contrast. Text size is easily adjusted in FireFox with ctl +/-. It's okay for a short time but after awhile my eyes start watering because I'm straining to read the text. It's like trying to read a book in poor lighting. It's much easier under bright lights because there is more contrast.

No big deal, I just switched back to the blue.

It's a difficult call. It seemed everyone wanted the green a little lighter and less over powering. And now there are some that want it darker... So I dunno...

just leave it they have two choices...

Back