What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New setup- phase 1 complete.

So, I finally got that tank I've been tanking about for a while set up. I'm pretty pleased with it except for two things. It's taller than the one I planned to use, and it's EMPTY lol. I really need to set up a better rack system(for now I'm using my old tank INSIDE the new one) and probably get more lights, any comments would be appreciated. Now for pics!

DSCN4815.jpg

DSCN4820.jpg

DSCN4821.jpg

DSCN4819.jpg

It looks dark, I've added a small strip light on top and it helps quite a bit.

A stronger light is in order, I reckon.....a HO T5 suspended just above the tank will fix that problem.

Just a wee bit out of my current price range.

Just a wee bit out of my current price range.

Well, untill them I gues you can use the method you are currently using....but when you do get some more light.....then you will have all kinds of options. ;)

Not to mention, in front of that window they get quite a bit of real sunlight ;)

Not to mention, in front of that window they get quite a bit of real sunlight ;)

Ah....didn't see the window because of all the stuff in front of it.

It gets about 4-6 hours of sunlight a day. I have a mesh fabric hanging in the window so I don't fry the terrarium, but it's doing well. If it weren't for that window I would have wrapped the whole thing up in mylar lol.

Oooo, I envy the tank setup. I definitely want to get a 40 long for a lowland setup at some point. Tanks just make things so much simpler. Looking good, I hope it yields you lots of success!

Back