What's new

New pitcher pictures

my N. veitchii
veitchii.jpg

my N. bongso, hopefully i can get the peristrome to turn a nice glossy black like the ones that were on it when i recieved it
bongso.jpg

Nice for veitchii. I personally hate Neps like it and truncata (which is ironic since I like truncata's leaves). No seriously I hate the way the pitchers look. Just my opinion

Wow. I like how much the veitchii is striped. My striped veitchii isn't as striped as yours and the stripes aren't as wide.

Wow!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
Those are gorgeus! You wouldn`t happen to have an extra cutting(no matter how small,I`ve rooted tiny 'keikis' off N.emmerane that was less then an inch.).

Nep G i got the cutting after about an hour of begging, purchasing $60 in orchids AND paying another $50 for the 2.5 ft cutting itself. when i saw it i just had to have a piece and boy do i think it was worth it, probably the most i have ever done for a plant. it is a cutting off of a display plant at Orchids Limited outside of Minniapolis, MN. the owner said that he has had the plant for over 20 years and judging by the size of the plant i would say that 20 years was a conservitive estimate. it was absolutly monstrous, i bet there was well over 25 feet of vine wrapped around a simmulated tree trunk. and to top it off its a female. it is the one that bloomed for me this winter. unfortunatly i dont think it was rooted enough to support the spike very well and the spike dried up before any mature seed formed.

sorry Noah, i have promiced a piece to an individual but that is the only cutting i plan on taking any time in the near future.

Very nice job rattler. You've done both species great justice. And you DID get the veitchii cutting for a steal. Keep up the very good work.

BTW...I think it is wonderful that you folks post pics of your plants. I know how proud you are of them, which is why you post them, and we are very pleased to see them, well most of us anyways. However, I do not think negative comments should be posted on threads like this that are intended to strengthen the interest in the genus and teach newbies about how wonderful they are. Whether you are kidding or not, if you don't like Nepenthes or the way they look keep your negative comments out of these threads. It's very insulting to the grower who is OBVIOUSLY very proud of his efforts, as are we!

Pardon me if I have stirred anything up folks. I too am passionate about Nepenthes.

Phil