What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New pictures taken 5/9/08

Click the thumbnails for larger pics they are best viewed fullsize people have requested I resize my photos, hope this makes them happier.

My first cobra lily-special thanks to sgardner :hug:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
S. oreophila- special thanks to Wolf9striker :hug:

S. luecophyla 'tarnok' Special thanks to Glider14 :hug:

S. catesbei From Andy Thanks for sending great plants Andy

S. sp. seedlings finally they look great they are not green anymore I gave my best green one to jefforever I imagine his is red now right about now with increased light levels.

FLYTRAPS!!!!

Typical

Cuptrap -Special thanks to Clint, in front of god and the whole forum I owe you division(s) when your get out of college.

B52
Freshly emerged from dormancy

Pics taken last summer.

Akui ryu from Andy- Thanks for sending great plants!

Nepenthes
Sanguinea - I wish it were from Andy but actually I got it from walgreens as a tiny green thing.

Nepenthes hamata

Nepenthes 'gothica'

Nepenthes spectabilis

I hope you enjoy them OMG I love sanguinea!

oops forgot me sundews can't forget them.
D. capensis red from Andy

D. capensis typical form

D. venusta

D. adelae

D. prolifera -Thanks Maxposwillo

D. scorpiodes -Thanks jm82792

The cutest binata divisions ever, taken from a binata I recieved from jefforever- Thanks!

Amazing plants!! I especially like your Hamata...wish I had one!!

very nice! i'm actually partial to the red capensis... nice color!!!

Very cool pics, thanks for taking the time to post them. The B52 is a beast... mine is just now starting to wake up and really take off. And I love your D. venusta... still need to get that one.

very nice plants dm! i like the automation of the darlingtonias :)

~b

Looks great!
What are your nighttime temperatures for the Hamata?

Great plants. Love the sanguinea. Your B52 has great color. For some reason, I can't get mine to color up all that well, no matter how much light I throw at it. PS - Send me a hamata cutting ;)

I agree with everyone, very nice plants! Thanks for sharing them :).

Crystal

Last edited:
Looks great!
What are your nighttime temperatures for the Hamata?
Honestly I have no clue, there is no thermometers or anything on my tank but I imagine it gets a night time drop in temperature.
Great plants. Love the sanguinea. Your B52 has great color. For some reason, I can't get mine to color up all that well, no matter how much light I throw at it. PS - Send me a hamata cutting ;)

HMM can't get it to color up? maybe it is not a b52 I bet somebody selfed a b52 and grew the one you have from seed and gave it cultivar status. To be a real b52 it should have been propagated by cuttings or tissue culture.
I can't afford to send you a cutting of hamata since I only have one and if I ever want to offer it for sale/trade I need a couple plants.
When it is larger I am going to periodically slice off the growing tip becuase it contains a hormone which suppresses basal growth and hopefully I can get the cutting to strike, if not I can always seperate the basals after they reach a certain size.

Very nice coloration on all of your plants!
Do you grow with lights or the sun?

Very nice coloration on all of your plants!
Do you grow with lights or the sun?
I grow all my sarracenia and flytraps with the sun and D. capensis red, my nepenthes that I grow in full sun are ventricosa, sanguinea, spectabilis, HL truncata, N. 'gothica' and ventricosa x maxima.
I have two sanguinea and the one pictured in this thread is under two 40 watt flourescent lights but they are about 8" or more above the plant but as close as I can get it.

You have me drooling over the hamata! Thanks!

Stop showing off your hairy ugly hamata! :-)) Just joking, personally I think all hamatas are ugly, but all your plants look great and healthy, I just don't like hamata for some reason.

I just don't like hamata for some reason.
SHUN THE NON BELIEVER!

John, does the Hamata grow under fluorescents too? I remember asking you this in the past, but I can't remember what you told me.

yeah the hamata is under flourescent, not even plural! I might double it's lighting later give it two 15 watt lights but I have heard it is sensitive to change in lighting I heard one guy had his plant shriek when he replaced his light bulbs.

Back