What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here's some quick pics before i go to work. I'll post some macro shots of the pitchers when i get home. Hope you all enjoy. I got all the plants from Hawiian Botanicals out in Vancouver. I'm very happy and impressed with the health of the plants as well as how awesome they look :).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/robthered/5715285593/in/photostream/lightbox/

Click the link, then click OLDER to see them all. When you see my AC, that the end of the new plants. Here's a list of what i got:

BE-3307 N. truncata 'Queen of Hearts x King of Spades'
BE-3121 N. mikei
BE-3363 N. mirabilis var. echinstoma
BE-3180 N. spectabilis x aristolochioides
BE-3093 N. jacquelineae
BE-3248 N. singalana Tujuh
BE-3256 N. vogelii
N. ventricosa (bonus Very Happy)
BE-3225 N. villosa

Wow...Impressive! I especially like that vogelii. :grin:

Nice N. villosa; I haven't seen one available in the US for forever.

That's a pretty N. vogelii as well. Has anyone else noticed that it's not a very fast growing species?

I actually just bought another villosa here in the US a couple weeks ago. Just gotta keep your eyes peeled. ;)

What caught my eye however was that German Giant and the albomarginata 'Black'. Wish we could find those avail. in the US. Hummer's Giant and Kuching Spotted are as good as it get's here.

@mass: im jealous.
@rob: that's a very nice sized villosa! mine was the size of my pinky nail when i got it.

i rlly hate you now....
I got most of those plants but yours are bigger/healthier looking....

Thanks for all the comments guys :). If any of you have any tips on the villosa or any of the other species i got I'm all ears :)

I got an AC setup within my tank to cool it, so the temps are not a problem. I'm just concerned about all the stuff i hear of the villosa rotting out. So I'm going to keep it moist but not wet i'm thinking.

Ya I lucked out and got the last one from HB I think. After i put in the order the stock on the site when to 0. Hope it likes the AC I setup for it :).

What caught my eye however was that German Giant and the albomarginata 'Black'. Wish we could find those avail. in the US. Hummer's Giant and Kuching Spotted are as good as it get's here.

Ya I lucked out on the German Giant. Llyod from the OCPS was giving out a bunch of cuttings he had from TC. Here's the post if you are interested. :)
http://ocps.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=tradingpost&action=display&thread=4187

As for the Albo 'Black', I got it from a friend here in Montreal. He had a few and sold a pot to be with 2 plants in it. I really like the species, it's very beautiful and seems to be growing quite quickly :).

Very nice rob, The villosa is just absolutely amazing!

Nice job with the N. albomarginata, the black kind is really a nice plant.

Very nice rob, The villosa is just absolutely amazing!

Nice job with the N. albomarginata, the black kind is really a nice plant.

Thanks C12 for the kind comments :). Ya man, the villosa looks very healthy and promising.

Back