What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New N. Sanguinea from Andy

Yay, my N. Sanguinea came today! It's kinda little, but I like it like that. It has 8 leaves. Also, it has three pitchers, and I think it might make a fourth. I took some pictures :D Oh and what does it mean with Sanguinea if the end of a tendril is brown?

P6120008.jpg

P6120007.jpg

Yay, my N. Sanguinea came today! It's kinda little, but I like it like that. It has 8 leaves. Also, it has three pitchers, and I think it might make a fourth. I took some pictures :D Oh and what does it mean with Sanguinea if the end of a tendril is brown?

I think it will most likely make a fourth pitcher sometime...

Oh and what does it mean with Sanguinea if the end of a tendril is brown?

It means it's making a pitcher and about to inflate. Either that or it got damaged and the tissue is dying (but it will be more blackish, too). Not all Nepenthes turn brown when developing pitchers, but some do.

xvart.

You really can't beat Andy's Sanguineas, especially at his price... I have one outside and one inside and both are doing great. I'm glad to hear your enjoying yours too :).

Daniel

He packed it really good too. Maybe the shipping people handled it a little roughly, because one of the pitchers was torn near the peristome. But it's still a really nice plant. Thanks Andy!

My sang from andy has really taken off since I got it. I put it outside and gave it lot's of sun. It put out one shock leaf and didn't pitcher but it got over it and now it's putting out 6 inch leaves and pitchering consistently.

Mine has also grown a lot in the fews weeks that I have had it. It is such a good buy

Back