What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New leucophyllas! ::rawr::

• Thread starter MrFlyTrap2
  • Start date

How long did it take for Papa-Moai to get stolen?

• 3 hours

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • 12 hours

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • 24 hours

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • 36 hours

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters

MrFlyTrap2

OMG h8 pings
Here's are my new leucophyllas. I'm going to try to get an outdoor growing area setup this season, so we'll see how it goes. Anyone want to take bets how quickly it will get stolen?

-Nate

I *LOVE* the pot! I can't tell if it's something like a tiki or a totem pole... What is it?

Tiki Tiki‼ ;)

looks like a tiki to me.

His name is Papa-Moai, and he's a tiki. 8)

If any stealing is done they'll probably "leave the gun" and "take the cannoli"

That's the most amazing pot I've ever seen! By any chance, do you know how old that leuco is? Btw, my necklace is a small tiki and I actually named him Tiki Tiki :p.

Last edited:
I love his evil toothy smile.
does he have drainage holes?

Poll added at the request of original author. That pot is the coolest thing I've ever seen.

xvart.

That's too bad...

I have some seeds coming, if I can get a few to germinate I will send a few your way. :)

Hehe well thanks for the seed offer!

But Papa-Moai is currently safe in the laundry room. As I was coming back from Lowes, sure enough, some guy was walkin to his car with my plant wrappped in the arms. Jumping from the truck, I ran into him saying, "Oooh I don't think so, put it back." He proceeded to argue with me that, "Oh no, I just bought this plant. I got it for my girlfriend. I'm just picking it up." To my response, "Um no, return the #$% plant; you have two options return it or I'm calling the police to make you return it." Reluctant, he returned Papa-Moai to his place without incident.

But it still sucks, that's the only place that is currently getting enough sun where I can grow Sarras at. I'm seriously either going to have to put security tethers on all my pots, or not grow them. 8( Still hammering out some ideas.

Nate, if all else fails, I'll gladly let you give me all of your Sarrs... ;-)

Sorry to hear about folks walking away with your stuff... can you buy like a dog pen or something to lock them behind? They've got all of those various sized panels you can get to customize the size... just a suggestion...

Nate, if all else fails, I'll gladly let you give me all of your Sarrs... ;-)

And I'll happily let you give me Papa-Moai.

xvart.

So how long did it take?

Hehe, I'll let the poll run till this evening and reveal how quickly our plants can walk.

You should of said, "how poor and weird do you have to be to steal a plant!"

Back