What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New kitten!!

• Thread starter Ant
  • Start date

Ant

Your one and only pest!
Lol, so my mom drives a bus and at the bus yard people started to notice two stray cats. (a boy and girl, and now you see where this is going) So one day they noticed a few foxes hanging around, bad news for any cat. (The mother was killed last Friday, poor thing... :-() Soon their was kitten running around free.The entire bus yard wanted to save the admittedly adorable kitten by tricking it into start eating food in a crate. My mom seeing what they planned and never thinking they would catch it said she would take it. Well, sure enough they handed the kitten to her last Tuesday... :-))

So now I have a cute girl kitten named Lilly! She has become less scared, but doesn't like being held. (We can pet her, and she will lick us when we do.) She has used the litter box, but she kicked the sand OUT of it! XD She has eaten some, (not as much as I would have liked but she probably filled her tummy) and I am 80% sure she has been drinking. So here are the only pictures I have of her.
064.jpg

067.jpg

Awww! It`s soooo cute! i love it :D

Congrats ant, all the best to you and Lily

Cute! Good luck with her. You might try giving her some dirty laundry to sleep on, to help her get accustomed to your scent. Thanks for sharing your pics. I should post some of my roommates' kittens. We can have a battle of cuteness!
~Joe

lol, well she is surrounded by our scent. She is currently living in my brothers room until she loves us.

That is true. I guess I've just heard that giving them something to sleep next to that smells like you will help many types of domestic animals to bond faster.
~Joe

How old do you suppose she is? I can't tell from the pic how big she is. But maybe she's so young she needs the kitten milk/kitten formula still and not food/water yet? They sell the kitten milk at Walmart now in the nipple cap bottle in the cat supplies section. Have you taken her to a vet yet? They'd be able to check her out and tell you. If she's not going for kitchen tap water, try the cold bathtub water. My cats only drink the tub tap water, so I have a metal bowl in the tub I fill with fresh tub water for them every day. They have a bowl in the kitchen but they don't touch it. I've tried the tub tap water and I don't taste any difference but they seem to.

:clap: And horray for taking in a stray! I don't believe in buying cats and dogs when there's so many who need homes. My two are strays, my uncle brought me Flash and Sundance from under the dumpster at the fire dept on the Indian reservation, he gave the others away to the other fire fighters. Sundance ate something which killed him and I adopted another stray (Anna) she's very skittish and only let's me hold her if she's standing on my chest while I lay on my back. She is very playful if we go outside on the patio though. She's like a totally different cat.

Thanks swords. If you put your finger tips together, she could just fit from one end of your palm to the other. Well, I do have small hands though. She is using the little box and gorging on the food now! She ate an entire wet kitten food pack and most of a bowl of dry food. She will be putting on a healthy amount of weight soon! She can easily change from scared little kitten to semi-shy playful kitten if you coax her out by mimicking her meows and softly calling her name (of coarse on your stomach, she is scared other wise) and then scratching her ears. She let me watch as she ate and drank and I hand feed her a bit more. She tried playing but, I guess she was still a wee bit to nervous.

I have to ask my mom when she can visit the vet for her checkup. I believe my mom wants to wait until after she has bonded with us before she gets her vaccinations. I told her I don't think she will hold a grudge at such a young age.

Aw, she's so cute. She has some pretty intense eyes, though.

As long as you won't be giving her injections I don't think she'll care too much. :)

If you have an animal shelter nearby they will often give low or no cost exams if you say "we found this kitten we'd like to keep it but we need it to have injections and an exam". Often they will give you a coupon for neutering when it gets older, take it, it's WAY cheaper than going to someplace like the Petsmart vets who charge almost $200 for spaying/neutering.

Well, we decided not to keep her. We usually have our doors open during the summer so the dogs to go in and out. So now she is gonna be the best birthday present my cousin has ever gotten. (She has wanted a cat/dog for a long time)

haha nice ant i didnt see this untill now she is very very cute :D cool kitten you need to just make her feel at home she will loved to be help then and even take a nap on your lap lol

Richard

She already is sleeping on peoples laps. She likes to lie on her back on peoples lap swatting her toys too.

Looks tasty......

Just kidding

If I could go back in time I would have held our cat more often. I think you really have to get them used to being held when they're young, otherwise they never will let you.

Back