What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New ICPS forum

The International Carnivorous Plant Society (ICPS) has launched a new CP forum at
http://icps.proboards105.com/

The ICPS Forum is not intended to be a replacement for the CP listserv, which has been an effective way of communication for over a decade. The email listserv is preferable to a web forum for many, but the opposite is true for many others. Also, the ICPS Forum is not intended to be in competition with the numerous successful CP forums that have been around for many years. I believe that there is a particular niche that the ICPS Forum can fill. However, the details of this niche will evolve as we get more experience, exposure, and feedback from users.

We are in a developmental phase. Please review the ICPS Forum. Carefully review the Forum Rules that I posted and let me know if changes are needed. If you wish to become a Moderator in any or all aspects of the ICPS Forum, let me know and I can make it so.

dancinggir.gif

Interesting. I will have to check it out.

Personally, I always had a hard time deciphering posts on the List. It was too confusing to me. I guess if you've used it since the beginning of time and are used to it, its no big deal. But forums are MUCH easier to navigate and read. So...big thumbs up from me on the ICPS forum. That's great. :)

Personal attacks, rudeness, 'Flame Wars', insults to others, or arguments will not be tolerated.

Well that will be a departure from the List. lol That's a pretty unbridled group there. Hopefully the typical offenders will bear in mind its a MODERATED forum.

Yes, I will have to check it out as well.

Personally, I always had a hard time deciphering posts on the List. It was too confusing to me.

I agree. It's not that it's too confusing, it's just too time consuming to decipher it.

xvart.

Oh GREAT, another forum to check out in my spare time !? Bob how am
I supposed to get anything done at work if you all keep stealing my attention !

Drat. Blocked. Have to wait til I get home.

Just joined! Fantastic.

I think I'm the first to post pics there!:) see the ping forum.
Peace,
Zero

Saw them...great pics! :)

But we're all gonna stay here right?

Today is a very proud day for me! I've always wanted to be a moderator and now I am!

I won't let you down, Bob! I'll use my powers only for good! Now I need to memorize the rules by the letter, that's what mods do right? Lol, I promise to be fair and do a good job :)

Omg I'm so honored!

Today is a very proud day for me! I've always wanted to be a moderator and now I am!

OK, I joined, but I'll stay quite just so you don't have to moderate me.

Interesting looking crowd joining up there. I'm sure they will make a go of it...

So what is it's purpose / niche? Between TF, CPUK, and the various local / national CP forums, why did the ICPS feel it necessary to introduce another one?

I joined just so I can cause problems and Jlap will have to tell me to be nice. :devil:

Bob's last sentence was if you wanna be a mod, ask :)

I'll have to keep Oz in line lmao :)

So what is it's purpose / niche? Between TF, CPUK, and the various local / national CP forums, why did the ICPS feel it necessary to introduce another one?

It looks like there are quite a few sections related to ICPS matters, other than that, yes it is a bit redundant between TF & CPUK - one of the reasons I haven't bothered to join CPUK.

It looks like the ICPS listserv spread the news so you may see a lot of members who might have been unaware of CPUK & TF poking their noses in.

I'll have to keep Oz in line lmao :)

I think you have bitten off more than you can chew. Ask Andrew and Pak how hard it is to keep me in line.

Back