What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New hamatas!!! post your pics

I know there are at least a few of us who are expecting packages soon, me included. Figured I would start a thread for us to post pictures and talk about them so we don't have lots of separate threads going. I can not wait to get mine!! Everything is ready and all set to go, just missing the little guy, or girl. :-D

I'm resisting the urge to buy anything until after the NASC Auction... but with my willpower, that probably won't happen. :lol:

I'm resisting the urge to buy anything until after the NASC Auction... but with my willpower, that probably won't happen. :lol:

I know how that is. Lol. I'm done spending for a while I think. I have a wedding to pay for in October of this year. ;)

I'd post mine...but it's not new......

There have been several hamata threads....but you can never have too many... ;)

Nhamata01_4-10-11.jpg

Nhamata02_4-10-11.jpg

I'll post a full plant pic tomorrow.

That just put a huge smile on my face Mark!

That just put a huge smile on my face Mark!

Yeah...I have that affect on peeps...either that or a grimmace, but even that is just an upsidedown smile anyway. :lol:

Lol. That's one way to look at it. I can't wait til my hamata arrives. It is a long overdue addition to my collection. I want to see the size of the plant I'll receive. I have seen sizes all over the board that AW ships, from nickel size to 3"-4" plants.

It came! It came! It came! That was my text to my not so enthused fiancee this morning. Lol. I didn't measure it, but it's probably 2.5" across and has a couple pitchers on it. The largest being 1". I am pleased with the size. My pic isn't great, I already bagged it up in my terrarium. I didn't check the roots, I just inserted the sphagnum plug it was wrapped in, into my soil mix and pot. I didn't want to disturb it anymore than necessary. I used a 1:1:1 mix of LFS, orchid bark, and perlite. I will take some more pics when the bag is totally removed. I'll be snipping the corner a little each week, since it seems this is the technique used by most.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ooh, congratulations! That's a monster compared to the hamata I got from AW last year, which is still just over an inch in diameter :lol:

I just got this like 10 minutes ago in the mail!!!!:)
IMG_2573.jpg

c00562.jpg

I got my N. hamata earlier this month from another person on the forum; it was already hardened off.

The far, blurred out pitcher in the back opened today.

Nice size on that hamata. When I got mine from that place, it was teeny tiny, about the size of a penny.

Here's mine. Newly opened pitcher.
hamata2a.jpg

hamata2b.jpg

Wow nice. I wish I had the room for more neps.

My hamatas finaily came!!!!! I am happy I would post pics but right now I cant .

Here's some pics.. I'm down to 4 Nepenthes hamatas :p

This is a BE clone
P4300039.jpg

P4300044.jpg

not too many pitchers right now

This is BE from seed
P4300040.jpg

P4300047.jpg

This is BE red hairy clone
P4300046-1.jpg

P4300043-1.jpg

and this one is of unknown origin, but I'm guessing it's one of those AW ones that's just mostly green all the way
P4300042.jpg

P4300045.jpg

had it a year now so it's in a 5" pot unlike the BE ones that are in 4" pots (and the red hairy is in a 3" tall pot I think... maybe it's 4" though, but it's square and I'm bad at guessing those's sizing)

Back