What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Cephalotus growth.

Well, I think Jimmy, my baby Ceph (I just had to name it XD), is starting to enjoy his new environment with only minor effects from shipping. Only one pitcher died and I think one or two non-carnivorous leaves died. Besides that, everything lived.

Here is how the plant looks like right now (it looks a bit too wet, yeah, but it was recently watered, plus flash):
SN850892.jpg

Here's is the new pitcher that will open in about I-don't-know-how-many days (the pitcher on the right doesn't really look that yellow, it still has a little green. Everything is actually a little greener than the picture):
SN850888.jpg

Here are the 'fists' that came with it. It grew to about twice the size in which to can see the actual undeveloped pitcher, the right one anyways. If you look very closely, above the right 'fist', you can see a new forming 'fist' made while in the terrarium. -sniff- I'm so proud:
SN850891-1.jpg

Ps: is there anyway to take off the dead foliage that won't harm Jimmy?

small clippers like nose hair trimmers or something....just be very careful.

Congratulations, Capensis! :boogie:

I can fully understand that *sniff*, especially after killing lots and finally getting a couple to do well for me finally.

I do remove every brown and dead bits....more paranoid about the parts getting fungus infection than hurting the plant in the process of removing them.

Thanks Cindy, but I'm not sure if I can even cut them off, they're so small!

I use fine-point tweezers for the brown, shrivelled pitchers. Just give them a gentle tug and they come off quite easily. The yellowing ones are left on the plants or snapped off only for the sake of photography. ;)

Back