What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New camera: practice pics

Still have a lot to learn about this camera, but here's my first test run with it.

IMG_5761.jpg

IMG_5758.jpg

IMG_5757.jpg

IMG_5756.jpg

IMG_5755.jpg

IMG_5754.jpg

IMG_5751.jpg

IMG_5750.jpg

IMG_5749.jpg

IMG_5748.jpg

IMG_5747.jpg

IMG_5746.jpg

D. paradoxa getting settled in and growing. Thanks again Mach, I love these two!

IMG_5745.jpg

IMG_5741.jpg

IMG_5740.jpg

IMG_5738.jpg

IMG_5737.jpg

N. aristolochoides basals. THANK YOU antechron..

IMG_5734.jpg

N. villosa

IMG_5731.jpg

IMG_5730.jpg

New D. regia that came in today. Not a good pic, but you get the idea.

IMG_5727.jpg

IMG_5726.jpg

IMG_5725.jpg

IMG_5724.jpg

and more..

Awesome mass, the pics look great! I'm glad to finally see the little basals on that lil guy. I wish an aristo BUSH on you! ;)

Nice new camera! I hope it doesn't take the cursed AAs again... :p

haha.. nope, it's Lithium! NO MORE AA's!! :boogie:

Wow! Your pics look a lot better than before, congrats! Everything looks sexy. :O Sexycat.

Whoa....:drool:
I love it alllllll!!! :love:

/lays back and mimics Thebe hoping to be half as cute as she is

I especially like the houseplant with the white/green leaves.
But... what camera did you get? :D

I especially like the houseplant with the white/green leaves.
But... what camera did you get? :D

swampdonkey hooked me up with a Canon PowerShot G3. It's pimp compared to the old beat up Kodak Easyshare I've been using for the last 8 years.

I was waiting for the cat!

Great pics!
Canons are great. all my pics are from canon cameras.
Macro rotundifolia,
rotund-1.jpg

swampdonkey hooked me up with a Canon PowerShot G3. It's pimp compared to the old beat up Kodak Easyshare I've been using for the last 8 years.

Ah, so you were the one who nabbed it. Lucky sonnuvagun. I really wanted that but I suppose you're more due for an upgrade than I. Are you doing anything with your old camera? If not you should send it to me for parts when I take that Red Leopard off your hands. ;)
Pics look great BTW - looking forward to what you can do with it once you've got a handle on the controls. The G3 accepts external lens IIRC so you should be able to get some crazy good macros if you hunt around for kits.
~Joe

Ive got the Opteka wide angle, tele, macro conversion lenses and adapter tube that fit the G3 (and my Canon IS-590)
I no longer use them since I got the new DSLR, hollar if interested.... they are what i used for years

id let you have em at a good price mate

:p

example:
p_cyclo.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like you figured out how to get the images from the camera onto your PC. I was actually being selfish in sending you the camera, mass...I wanted to keep a steady stream of images coming of your plants. :woot:

Ah, so you were the one who nabbed it. Lucky sonnuvagun.

Seemed better to send the camera and misters to two different people...better karma. :)

I was waiting for the cat!

haha.. yeah. The pic of Mallory didn't turn out. So I took a bunch of new ones of the two.

Ive got the Opteka wide angle, tele, macro conversion lenses and adapter tube that fit the G3 (and my Canon IS-590)
I no longer use them since I got the new DSLR, hollar if interested.... they are what i used for years

id let you have em at a good price mate

:p

OMG.. REALLY!?!? I've been so jealous of your guy's pics for so long. I'd love to bump it up a notch!

Great pics!
Canons are great. all my pics are from canon cameras.
Macro rotundifolia,

Woah dude.. where have you been hiding? How are you feeling? Doing okay?

Ah, so you were the one who nabbed it. Lucky sonnuvagun. I really wanted that but I suppose you're more due for an upgrade than I. Are you doing anything with your old camera? If not you should send it to me for parts when I take that Red Leopard off your hands. ;)
Pics look great BTW - looking forward to what you can do with it once you've got a handle on the controls. The G3 accepts external lens IIRC so you should be able to get some crazy good macros if you hunt around for kits.
~Joe

I was going to give it to my son since he's addicted to buttons.. but not sure we want him running around the house with an active flash. So, I can toss it in the box if you like. ;) Have you checked on your stolonifera tubers yet?

Back