What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Avatar

• Thread starter Est
  • Start date

Est

War. War never changes.
Staff member
I decided about a week ago that I'd change my avatar. I knew I was going from something that a lot of people would recognize (Salad Fingers!) to something I figured less people would know, but I like even more. It works slightly better in some of my other forums where the avatar dimensions are bigger, but the question stands:

Anyone recognize it? Know who's in it?

And since it's so small:
nn0207064wq.jpg

No cheating!!
smile_m_32.gif

I just tossed the URL in an MSN search and got nothing. Is it from a Disney movie?
confused.gif

::Rips away Est's avatar to reveal a rabbit::

::Feeds the rabbit to the Isz::

Wooh! Glad we got a couple!

As a prize you get... Um.. a... Hug?

I'm re-reading all of The Maxx comics and watching the animated show/mini-series they made. I'm looking to see if I can find The Head anywhere (as well as just about any of the other MTV Oddities)- but by the name you can tell that it's not an easy search and my usual sites give me nothing.

Mokele, you may wish to be more considerate in the future: watch out who you feed to who; not everyone's head can be sewn back on, you know! :p

Did you guys read the comics way back when? Anyone else know about the Maxx?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Mokele, you may wish to be more considerate in the future: watch out who you feed to who; not everyone's head can be sewn back on, you know!

Hehehe. I've just always wanted my own pet dark Isz.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Did you guys read the comics way back when?

Unfortunately, I've yet to get my hands on them, though I still own the Maxx video.

Mokele

I read the comics, but I think I missed some of the last ones (they weren't mine... read them at someone's house).

I liked him as a, well, I shouldn't spoil it for Mokele... his second guise... but now I can't remember anything about that part of the storyline. I think it got cut short.

I should get the books.

--Edited--

--Revision-

You should get your hands on a copy of the comics. It's a pretty cool series, and I think I've got most of them (though I'm sure I'm missing a little bit...) I find it's nice to have things like this in a digital format, as well, so I downloaded a copy, that way I neither need to a) find out where mine are b) need to worry about messing them up while reading them!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Hehehe. I've just always wanted my own pet dark Isz.

Haha, I dunno, it seems like it'd be a handful. A white one may be a bit more manageable. And I can imagine it'd be darn fun to have a couple of those outback slugs that can jump a quarter mile high (but haven't mastered landing.) Or even a Crabbit. So many cool creatures.
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I liked him as a, well, I shouldn't spoil it for Mokele... his second guise... but now I can't remember anything about that part of the storyline. I think it got cut short.

I'm on the last couple comics in the series (discluding "The Friends Of..." "Gen 13..." etc.) I'm not sure how everything can be resolved in so short a time... Back to reading! But you really should get a copy of the comics (you can find some good quality scans online, if that's up your alley.)

I couldn't make heads or tails of it...except for the hands.

I still don't know what it is. lol

dang, Est. now your takin' me back a ways. I'll have to dig through the boxes in the basement to see what I do have. I recall Ralph Snart was rather funny. Lobo was cool in the begining. Sandman was the best though.

It's the Maxx, a crazy homeless guy who pretends to be / is a superhero from "Pangaea". He's friends with a down-and-out social worker and a depressive highschooler, and is opposed by a villainous mage/serial-killer Mr. Gone and his army of monsters called 'Isz'. It's a lot more complicated (by which I mean a total brain-screw), but that's a rough intro. The first part of the comic series was made into an animated series for MTV's Oddities in the early 90's.

Mokele

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I love digital... where are they?

I hope the torrent I sent you will get a complete seeder some time. Though it's doubtful. If I run in to one with the missing few percent, I'll let you know.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I couldn't make heads or tails of it...except for the hands.

I still don't know what it is. lol

Mokele summed it up as well as could be done for this comic. You see the yellow hands, the middle finger doubling as a claw. The head is the protruding teeth, and you can see the white eyes. The teeth could make is difficult to tell what's what in such a small picture. You can google it for a larger/better picture. I'd post one, but it may just take a few to figure it out.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]dang, Est. now your takin' me back a ways. I'll have to dig through the boxes in the basement to see what I do have. I recall Ralph Snart was rather funny. Lobo was cool in the begining. Sandman was the best though.

Haha, it was sort of a blast from the past for me, too. I'm not sure why, but a while back I just really wanted to get the comics and show. The show is fun, but the comics are brilliant. I'll have to check for some other older comics (like some of the ones you mentioned.) I'll check online and see if I can get some of the ones I'm thinking of (like I said before, don't wanna fuss with getting the comics out.) I'll post if I find anything good to see if anyone's interested in a link.

I really wanna do a pencil drawing of the Maxx some time, a nice big one. When I find time. And get some skill in art.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Est @ May 18 2006,1:18)]I hope the torrent I sent you will get a complete seeder some time. Though it's doubtful. If I run in to one with the missing few percent, I'll let you know.
I've been at 94.3% for a couple days now. Guess I'll just leave it and see what happens.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (endparenthesis @ May 18 2006,10:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Est @ May 18 2006,1:18)]I hope the torrent I sent you will get a complete seeder some time. Though it's doubtful. If I run in to one with the missing few percent, I'll let you know.
I've been at 94.3% for a couple days now. Guess I'll just leave it and see what happens.
Yup, that's what I told ya would happen. However, if you go to google and look of CDisplay, you'll see that you're able to read all of the Maxx comics 1-35, and the Friends of Maxx comics. Everyone has the same pieces, so the same must be true for you as it is for me. I'm not sure of out chances of ever getting someone to seed again there, but the real important stuff is all there!

I must a got a different seed tracker - Demenoid.com. I got 100%
smile.gif

I didn't look too far; but this torrent had everything I wanted. I didn't notice the lack of seeds until after I was already downloading. Like I said, all the important stuff is there, so it's alright. I'll check out the torrent at that werbsite some time, though. If it has as much as the other one, I can just download the parts that I'm missing (man I love that feature.)

Any more comics people recomend?

I bought issues 1-15 or so when they came out..
I was in college, so Maxx must have come out around 1991-1993 timeframe.
I stopped getting it after awhile, but I still have those first issues!
smile.gif

very unique series..love the artwork!

Scot

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I stopped getting it after awhile, but I still have those first issues!
smile.gif

very unique series..love the artwork!

PM me if you're interested in a torrent of the comic series.
I have to second the artwork what you said about the artwork; I've read a good number of comics in my day, and I have to say that the artwork really blew me away. The layout of the images on the page was art in itself. There is a lot that in the art that can be read in to.

Very impressed with it, all around.

Back