What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 10gallon vertical vivarium

Well here's a look at my latest vivarium project,

10vertical1.jpg

You can see the snazzy new round aluminum vents from tarantulacages.com They sure look nicer than the randomly drilled holes on my first incarnation of the vertical 10 gallon.

Here it is open for planting and access, the fronts hang straight down so they don't interfere with working inside. The front is secured by a pair of Zoo-Med "non locking clips" that I bend slightly with pliers to make them locking. :D

10vertical1a.jpg

Background: 10 oz tube of black silicone smeared onto back wall in a thick layer, wood is pressed into the silicone and coir (or peat) is caked into the cracks and empty space at the bottom and let cure.

You can make 3 of these fronts from one $10 sheet of 20" x 32" plexiglass so for the price of 1 prebuilt exo-terra/zoo med naturalistic you can make 3 of these diy tanks and still have enough to get a six pack (or a movie) to celebrate your savings! lol

And here's the extra fancy tank I used, $12.97 at Walmart with a handy note on how to display the tank, incase I can't see what I've put in it:
generic10gallon.jpg

I'm sort of curious to know how that Floor patch cement grout I used on the foam rocks would be sculpted directly on the back and sides of a similar vivarium

speaking of which here's the update on the desert tank still not complete but a new rock ramp is on the right side:
rosy10new.jpg

rosy10topnew.jpg

Next step will be a bit more soil and some fake desert plants and affixing the custom lid I made then the T can finally go in from the abominable 3 gallon Kritter Keeper she's in!

this is wicked... looks fancy and very presentable! you have a talent working with your hands Swords... 2 thumbs way up!!!

Good thing they gave you "display instructions"..
I once bought a 10 gallon aquarium..mine didnt come with instructions like that..
it took me weeks to figure out how to display it..

Scot

:D I had to show the box, everyone makes fun of it!

What does it prove about retards? ;)

Step one: remove pastry from pouch.

Step two: place pastries VERTICALLY into toaster.

Poptarts instructions!

LOL!Could i use the Box picture for Jay leno headlines?

Brian Regan is awesome! :D

It's not really a headline but you can submit it if you wish. It might make a funny avatar, not sure if you could see it at 80 px though.

Back