What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nerf Guns.

• Thread starter Halt
  • Start date
Which Nerf gun is the best ? I would like to mod one thats easy, but I'm having a nerf war on saturday.

I have a Maverick which im going to stick in my pocket for close up range and thats my backup gun. I need a main gun.

Any suggestions ? Preferably not a pump-action gun.

To be honest, my favorite is the NiteFinder. Super easy to mod, super cheap and you get great returns out of it just adding a spring and taking out the air restrictor. Packs quite a punch for a one shot pop. As far as others go the Long Shot is a good one to play with. Haven't found anything I like that is good for rapid fire. The Longshot has the quickest reload for me. There is another gun I like but I can't remember the name of it. You can either fire it dart by dart or a unload a quick 6-8 shot barrage. But if you are looking for nerf mods a great place is www.nerfhaven.com. You will go nuts...

I used to be hardcore about nerfing when I lived in NJ. I was a member of a clan and everything. lol

To be honest, my favorite is the NiteFinder. Super easy to mod, super cheap and you get great returns out of it just adding a spring and taking out the air restrictor. Packs quite a punch for a one shot pop. As far as others go the Long Shot is a good one to play with. Haven't found anything I like that is good for rapid fire. The Longshot has the quickest reload for me. There is another gun I like but I can't remember the name of it. You can either fire it dart by dart or a unload a quick 6-8 shot barrage. But if you are looking for nerf mods a great place is Nerfhaven.com - Nerf Mods, Homemade Nerf Guns, and Nerf Wars. You will go nuts...

+1 about the nightfinder. I had several that I used to mod for fun. My favorite had to be one I made with double barrels.
The ones they make today don't have the strong springs like the old ones did, however, so I'd recommend adding a thicker spring.

If your looking for guns, I have some nice "vintage" ones the nerf community used to go nuts over that I may consider trading for cp's. lol
My place was www.nerfhq.com. Username: "theyellowdartmti."

Last edited:
Vulcan. That thing is awsome.

I know the BEST nerf gun-one you can make yourself. These things have insane range!

All you need is a 1/2 inch pipe, cut it to 2.5 ft + fit a nerf dart down the barrel, and BLOW. Blow dart guns of old. Once you get good, you can reload them almost as quickly as an auto :-O

Notes:

The pipe is the white plastic sprinkler line.

The barrel needs to get worn down by several hundred blows before it is in its prime.

These things are the most accurate and fast shooting anywhere. I shot a nerf dart over the TALLEST tree in our neighborhood. It is so high, it is one of those giant pine trees that look like super sized Christmas trees. Anyway, they work well. Use the Pipe for accuracy and range, and so rapid fire for close combat.

Be careful not to run into things with it in your mouth!

Last edited:
I just got a belt blaster and a maverick. I was gonna get a vulcan but stupid target ran out..

there are some killer new ones coming out for 2010 (i have an inside source :) )

Talk about nostalgia. I loved Nerf guns, although I was never in a clan or anything... But that doesn't make my devotion to them any less true...:-O

xvart.

Back