What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes spectabilis x aristolochioides???

DavyJones

Is ready to take this hobby to a whole new level
Hi group. I'm sitting here in Germany, browsing the internet for things to ask for for my birthday in August, and I run across this little bugger. First of all, I am a huge sucker for spectabilis and hybrids thereof. Plus, I've always taken a liking to aristolochioides. This little guy is just incredible, I think. Has anybody here grown it? I'm trying to figure out if it will do well in my conditions, etc. It is a rather expensive investment, so I need to be sure. I'm assuming it grows as a typical highland, but I could be wrong. Anyhow, if you guys have any info on this, please let me know. I can't find anything on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one, I just got it so its starting to get used to my reg HL conditions. The pitchers looked awsome, cant wait for it to pitcher. Would like to also know how people grow this plants.

Coincidentally, I received one in the mail today. I imagine it will do well in HL to intermediate conditions.

xvart.

This is a very hardy hybrid. I purchased one like 5 months ago and it has taken a wide range of temperature fluctuations. I just recently purchased another like a month ago and it has had no complaints either, while at the same time dealing with very warm daytime temperatures in my uninsulated garage.

Daniel

Back