What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes Problem

I cant figure out how to add an image to make it just pop up on here so I made an album on imgur,its asking for a url when I try to insert image and its making a link. sry for this.im new here and I tried to figure it out but I cant . here is the link Nepenthes Problem - Album on Imgur
the problem is, is that I was pulling out old dead leaves and I think I got to close to the main stem. in the UNblurry pics it shows the stem is brown and is growing a new plant out of the side of it. in the blurry one, that lil green dot is another plant growing from the bottom.. but the main plant is still growing. what should I do? can I cut the little plants off and plant them? will they root? is my main plant going to die? thanks for any help or info.

Last edited:
I don't think I would call it a problem. What I think is growing is a basal shoot. I would wait before cutting anything off your plant. Let that grow and it will form your lower pitchers. Your main plant will be fine.

Last edited:
For images to display, upload the picture on to another site such as imgur, tinypick, etc.
then take the link and type it like this
url] . com

Dont use spaces. But from the pictures you have I dont see anything wrong with the plant...

Hard to tell from the photo but, it appears that your plant may have activated a node low down on the main vine rather than putting out a basal growth. If it is indeed an activated node, just leave it alone and let it grow out.

Last edited:
looks like a new basal to me

thank you for the info ppl. much appreciated!

Back