What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes jacquelineae owners

EdaxFlamma

The Consuming Flame
I purchased a plant that was marked as N. jacquelineae a few months ago but I am wondering if it is the famed N. izumiae x jacquelineae that snuck into the original seed batch. Out of all the people who currently have a supposed N. jacquelineae does anyone have any photos of the first pitchers made by the plant? I have a clone number and confronted the seller about it and they say that the clone number may very well be a hybrid. Is there any way we growers as a group can try and determine whether or not we have a pure form or not?

Thanks,
-J.P.

2482777065_26cbcfeed0.jpg

2521730420_43646b046e_o.jpg

it sorta looks like my jacquelineae... i would wait untill it gets a bit older

Thank you Osmosis.

Hmmm... it looks like I might have the hybrid... *sigh*

The peristome on yours definitely flares out more. The hybrid with Izumiae has the peristome folded in like mine.

Maybe mine's just young. ???

Because there is this string of photos...

Thanks,
-J.P.

I am inclined to think it is the pure species. The hybrids were all seed stock plants and have long since sold. Anyone selling jacq now is likely doing it from TC so they know the validity of the stock.

Unless someone else went out and collected new seed then I would say odds are it is straight up jacq

If you are worried it is they hybrid then I might be able to swap you a straight up jacq for it. Have to check my plants at home but I think I have a spare.

now i'm worried about mine...
i got it out of a trade, there's a pitcher developing now, i'll post a pic when it opens (should open within the week)

Thanks Pyro. I'll wait a few more pitchers on it and see if I can figure it out. I think you might be right though. Either way, it's a nice plant. I would prefer a pure but I can't say I would be entirely unhappy with a hybrid either.

The fact that it grows for me with out any special care is something special all its own haha. But I do appreciate the offer. Time will tell!

Thanks again!!
-J.P.

I still wouldn't mind some "my first jacq. pitcher" pictures :p

Well I do have a pure jacq (Wistuba red clone) so if you decide you want to swap across for it let me know.

I'll see if I can get some pics of it but life is a little busy for me right now so I may not be able to pull it off for a while...

It's kinda hard to tell from that pic... you should wait.

I agree that it is a bit small yet to determine the true identity, so I wouldn't rule out that it is correctly labeled.

Even if I can not be much of help I can however include a photo of the first pitcher on my plant. This was taken some time ago, so I don't remember exactly how big it was at the time. It is a clone of the Gunung Gadang form.

njacquelineae.jpg

Regards,

Christer

Back