What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Help with Ceph... is this normal? (Picture)

mmorehead

Carnivorous Newbie!
Me again... :) One of the lids on a pitcher is turning brown and crinkly (not the same pitcher from my previous post). Is this the normal wiltling process or something I should be concerened about? And, I'm curious to know how long the pitcher's typically last. Thanks again for all your help!

S6302277.jpg

S6302278.jpg

It's normal for a leaf to die off. It even normal for most of its leaves to die of. But it would be better if you keep all you Ceph questions and updates in one thread instead of multiple threads. :p

Me again... :) One of the lids on a pitcher is turning brown and crinkly (not the same pitcher from my previous post). Is this the normal wiltling process or something I should be concerened about? And, I'm curious to know how long the pitcher's typically last. Thanks again for all your help!

It looks like the normal aging of a pitcher leaf anf t should be trimmed once it completely wilts to avoid pests. The pitcher will simply be replaced; and in terms of life spans, I've had pitchers and "vegetative' leaves which have lasted upwards of twenty months and others which barely survive a season . . .

But it would be better if you keep all you Ceph questions and updates in one thread instead of multiple threads. :p

My apologies, Capensis. I'm new to forums and am still learning the proper etiquette while trying to keep my Ceph healthy! Thanks for your input! I greatly appreciate it! :)

It looks like the normal aging of a pitcher leaf anf t should be trimmed once it completely wilts to avoid pests. The pitcher will simply be replaced; and in terms of life spans, I've had pitchers and "vegetative' leaves which have lasted upwards of twenty months and others which barely survive a season . . .

Thanks for all of your help, BigBella. Your input has been greatly appreciated over this past week.

In regard to trimming, where should I trim the pitcher when the time comes... near the crown? Thanks again!!!

Back