What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need for Fertilizing?

• Thread starter Vbkid
  • Start date

Vbkid

Getting There...
Hey all!
I feel like this is a ridiculous question to ask after years of growing, but I have to anyways!
Most of my plants are on a grow rack under LEDs.
All plants are in pretty standard peat/perlite/sand/lfs mixes, or just pure LFS. I change the media when needed.
All my plants seem to do at least OK.
However, I very rarely get around to feeding or fertilizing them. Pings catch a few fruit flies here and there, but that is about it.
So, how often and when should I actually be feeding my plants? Sorry if this is so vague, but I know they need at least a little help form me, I just don't know that that help looks like!
Thanks for any input,
Kyle

If you feel like things are generally ok, its fine to leave as is. The trickle of gnats and other things is sufficient to maintain for the most part. However, if you do wish to step it up a monthly spray of fertilizer can be helpful. I go about half strength on my plants.

Back