What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NASCAR FANS -----Terraforums Cup

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
It's NASCAR time again and that means it's time to sign up for the Teraforums fantasy league on Yahoo. We have done this for the last 5 or 6 years and it's so much fun competing against the other members here.

So if you have an interest in Nascar and want to joinhere is the info.

http://racing.fantasysports.yahoo.com/auto/group/18089

Group ID#18089
Group Name TerraForums Cup
Group Password kingandy

See you there.

I'm in.

We need a few more people. Sign up, you won't regret it.

We need a few more people. Sign up, you won't regret it.

The link didn't point me in the right direction...how do you join? It told me there was an error, and I couldn't sign up!

Also, how many hours of time does this require? I don't have many spare hours anymore.

Do you have an account at Yahoo? You only need about 10 minutes a week.

Do you have an account at Yahoo? You only need about 10 minutes a week.

10 minutes? I can do that!

I do have a yahoo account. Do I need to log in first?

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

I even tried logging in first. I still get this:

Hi, Ian
Updates
Account Info
You are signed in as:
ianrlfishSign OutHelpPreview Mail w/ ToolbarYahoo!MailMy Yahoo!NewsFinanceSportsSearch Web Search

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: You are reading this message either because you do not have a standards-compliant browser, or because you can not see our css files.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to Yahoo! Fantasy Sports: Skip to Content Skip to Section Navigation

Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Auto Racing Sports Home Help Rules

There was a problem
You are not a member of this group. (Error #113)
Back to previous page
Copyright © 2011 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. Terms of Service - Additional Terms of Service - Send Feedback - Help

Portions Copyright © 2011 STATS LLC. All rights reserved.

NOTICE: We collect personal information on this site. To learn more about how we use your information, see our Privacy Policy - About Our Ads.

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

I see what you meant by sign up now. Ok. I'm in....but it wasn't quite what I expected :-(

If you need help with something , just ask.

If you need help with something , just ask.

My questions are: What are you supposed to do? What is the object? What are some tips?

To be honest, I don't really care much for any sports (although I like playing them myself) and haven't heard of any of the drivers on there, ever.

Let's just say I'm not a NASCAR fan. But hey, I'm giving it a shot.

Here is a quick rundown on how to play.

First you choose 2 drivers from the A list, 4 drivers from the B list, and 2 drivers from the C list. From this you get 10 points if one of the drivers gets the pole, 5 points for 2nd, 2 points for 3rd and 1 for 4th.

After qualifying, you choose one of your A list drivers, 2 of your B list and one of the C list for the race. Only these drivers will earn points for the race. These drivers will be awarded points according to where they finish. You also get 10 points if one of your drivers lead a lap, and 10 more if you've picked the driver that leads the most. You can only pick each driver 9 times for the season.

I guess I'm getting the hang of it.

Yes you did really well. I thought I was going to win this week. That is until I realized we were not picking the ones we thought were going to wreck.I don't think I had one driver that actually finished the race.

Yes you did really well. I thought I was going to win this week. That is until I realized we were not picking the ones we thought were going to wreck.I don't think I had one driver that actually finished the race.

But don't feel badly...I don't know anything about NASCAR. I just picked using the statistics. So, while I may have done OK for a first time, I probably won't get much better.

In other words, you'll get better scores next time ;) I know from experience that playing something superficially is not the way to excell.

Yeah I don't feel bad, seems like every year I loose the first race and start in the back and I have won first place since 06, except for one year that Elgecko beat me and I came in second.

We gonna go again this year?

OH YES. You know I'm going to do it again. I just created the group.

Group ID#9353
Group Name Venus
Group Password flytrap

Back