What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NASC Elections for 2008 Board

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Hello everybody

I had hoped to get this posted earlier but I have been out of town and sick.

We have elections for the 2008 NASC Board of Directors coming up at the January meeting. The January meeting (January 10th at 8 p.m. Central time) is an annual "open" meeting. Although all NASC meetings are open to the public, this is an "official" open meeting. We encourage you to attend.

We are still open for nominations for the new Board. Current nominations are as follows:

President: Suzanne Hedderly
Vice-President: Arthur Yin, Jonathan Treffkorn
Treasurer: Dave Schloat
Secretary: Jonathan Treffkorn, Arthur Yin
Head of Conservation: Mark Todd
Head Grower: Mike Howlett
Head of PR/Education: Noah Elhardt
Head of Distribution: J.C. Stoner
Member-at-Large: (open)

We welcome your interest if you would like to nominate yourself or someone for any of the above positions.

Please let us know if you have an interest in volunteering in some way for NASC. We have needs in education, hands-on work in the greenhouse and other areas.

We hope to see you at the Annual Meeting!

To attend, please send me your AIM name so I can enter that into my Buddy list for an invitation into the chat room for the meeting.

-Suzanne/PAK

Last edited:
I looked through the by-laws and couldn't find what the responsibilities of the "Head of Distribution" are.

I think I'm going to join and run for president against whoever that loser Suzanne is.

xvart.

what is member at large? Never heard of anything like that before. Do you just get the position, committ a crime, then disappear?

lol Ok Ok.

Head of Distribution is in charge of tracking and distributing seeds and plants (such as seeds through the Seed Bank). We don't have the Bank set up yet but hopefully we will do that this year.

We had a position "Head of Records", however we found ourselves needing help in a number of different areas so the position was changed to Member-at-Large which allows more flexibility. That person can be utilized in a number of different ways--wherever we determine there is a need. For examble, Arthur Yin, Board Member at Large, has been our web master along with assistance from Jonathan, Noah, Adam Elhardt and Mike. NASC is an all-hands organization. Everyone shares their expertise in any area they can.

I'd welcome nominations for President. :p Join me in running...orrrrr...run for any position. :D

I looked through the by-laws and couldn't find what the responsibilities of the "Head of Distribution" are.

Information about the Distribution committee can be found on our website by clicking on About the NASC > Committees > Distribution Committee. The P&P sheet should answer most of your questions. :)

Noah

Member-at-Large positions can have different functions depending on the organization. An example: I belong to an organization relatd to sign language interpreting. The organization has three such positions, with each member-at-large working as a "liaison" to different organizations: one member-at-large as a liaison to the Deaf Community, one who works with interpreters in rural areas of the state, and another who works mainly with interpreters who work in an educational (K-12) setting.

Another organization my choose to utilize their member-at-large in a different fashion.

Like Suzanne said, it can also be one of those "other duties as assigned" positions. :)

Information about the Distribution committee can be found on our website by clicking on About the NASC > Committees > Distribution Committee. The P&P sheet should answer most of your questions. :)

Noah

Thanks Noah, I actually dug a little deeper after posting and found it. I love reading articles and policies and procedures. I certainly didn't get much done this afternoon at work.

xvart.

Back