What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. talangensis x hamata

Dexenthes

Aristoloingulamata
Just got this plant a few days ago and it opened the pitcher that it was sent with.

Left

DSCN7482.jpg

Right

DSCN7483.jpg

Center

DSCN7484.jpg

Very minimal but still existent lid hair from the dad.

DSCN7485.jpg

Daddy's teeth, not as extreme as N. singalana x hamata, but still there and looking good.

DSCN7486.jpg

Rather large wings, relatively speaking. I like the interesting little speckles that are only at the top.

DSCN7487.jpg

Obviously enjoying mom's significant side tendril placement.

DSCN7488.jpg

Thar she be.

Anyone else get one? how's yours look?

Last edited:
That is a pretty thing, indeed. I didn't get this cross because I speculated that with talangensis as one parent, the pitchers would never be very large, and the teeth unlikely to be pronounced. I was surprised (pleasantly) to discover the seedling spathulata X hamata actually displays prominent teeth and will undoubtedly get quite large as it matures. Still, I think you can look forward to some interesting pitchers there. Thanks for giving us a look at another plant of this rarely illustrated cross.

I've seen slightly larger specimens and I have to say: It's a nice, toothy plant. I chose to forgo it because I already have a (vent x sib) x (tal x ham) and was curious how that might turn out. Cool plant and hope it'll do well and grows large for you. :)

Really nice shape I bet it will look amazing when it gets more toothy

Back