What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. maxima x ventricosa = two thumbs up!

Just thought I'd post to say maxima x ventricosa = one awesome plant.

I know every now and then someone posts to ask about fast growing plants or hardy plants etc... Well so far this plant has been both for me. I've had it maybe three months and its leaves have doubled in size and the pitchers have nearly trippled in size.

Not only that but for nearly a month of that the poor thing has been subjected to 40 degree (celcius) heat and nearly 0% humidity which hasn't slowed it at all.

To be honest, when i got the plant I thought it was kind of dull and really it was just making up an order, but as the pitchers got larger I really started to grw to like it more and more.

I have no pics unfortunatly, Mum buggered off to New Zealand with it, something about pretty scenery I believe, but will show some when I have photographic capabilities again.

Take care

John

Yes... we do have pretty scenery, don't we? :) (says kath, an NZ grower)
You should have told her to go and look at our natural drosera populations - but oh no, wait, they've all turned into D. Capensis now! :(
Oh well, hope you get you camera back soon!

Ha ha, if I told mum to check out local drosera populations she'd look at me like I was an idiot. Apparently she is counting glow worms, who knows, I'm sure she's having fun but, she's been over there a few times and always loves it.

Back