What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. maxima 'Broad Peristome' x 'Celebes Striped'

I'm thinking about trading my big N. maxima 'Broad Peristome' x 'Celebes Striped' because it has outgrown the limits of my house's winter lighting. It has four growths and is ~27" tall, with all four growths being in that range. Leaves run ~10", not counting tendrils. It originated as a cutting from a plant grown from ICPS seed and its most notable feature is that its peristomes are almost black if grown in strong enough light. I can't give it that much light, but it's a very healthy, strong plant.

I'm not looking for more CPs, since I don't want to grow Neps unless I solve the winter light issue and I've filled all the plausible space that Sarrs can grow. So I'm open to suggestions and one thing I'm interested in is hardy cacti that can tolerate the northeastern climate. I already have Opuntia humifusa and I'd also be interested in Echinocerus, Escobaria, Gymnocalycium, smaller Opuntias or others that might be happy here. I much prefer plants that don't need to be inside during winter, but I'll consider anything and it doesn't have to be a plant.

Here are a couple photos:

CIMG4018.jpg
[/IMG]

CIMG4021.jpg
[/IMG]

we have a Coryphantha around here......has pink flowers......think that and Opuntia humifusa are our only two cacti species.....dont have my guide book handy but i can get the Cory species later.....if yah want a local specific Opuntia humifusa there is one growing wild about 100 feet from where im currently sitting :grin:

scratch that looks like the Opuntia humifusa is likely fragilis......also have O. polyacantha...was thinking the fragilis was just a young poly but i guess they are actually seperate species........ the guide book calls the Cory Escobaria vivipara

Ooh, I'll PM you with pics of some succulents I'm willing to trade. :)

edit: I PM'd ya!

damn I wish I had something to offer for this and the other nep your trading away!!!

beautiful plant. unfortunately i have nothing to trade for it. maybe try contacting phil1. he has traded with me and was more than generous to share his wide collection of succulents/cacti with me!

Back