What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. Lowii - How high can you go?

I recently bought a little N. Lowii off ebay which is doing fine although living up to the slow growing reputation. As summer has pretty much ended for us Brits, I'm thinking about moving it into my terrarium as I'm yet to get a light for my windowsill. I've looked around a lot and I know that Lowii does prefer very cool conditions but my question is how high a temperature can it be grown under? The temps in my terrarium are about 77F in the day and 59F at night with 80% humidity in the day and 90ish% at night, could a Lowii grow under these conditions? It seems to be a toss up between better temperatures on the windowsill but far better light and humidity in the terrarium.. Thanks for any advice!

That seems perfect for a highlander like a lowii

Mine's in low humidity on my balcony... today's weather looks like it'll be 75-85F with 30%ish humidity depending on cloud cover during the day again, and probably 65-65 at night with 70%ish humidity at night depending on fog. Had it through the summer, came from wistuba, and even made a pitcher for me so far:

P9030032.jpg

Looks almost identical to mine Thez! It's good to know that it can stand California summertime heat

Back