What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. Kohala

xvart

Doing it wrong until I do it right.
Staff member
I find this N. Kohala to be an impressive plant. I thought I took some pictures of the entire plant (leaves, tendrils, attachments, etc.) but apparently I didn't so I'll post those later. Unfortunately this pitcher was growing in such a way it was difficult to get a good picture. The next forming pitcher is growing toward the outside of my area, so it will be easier to get a better angled picture with better light when it forms. Until then, this will have to suffice.

NKohala01-71208.jpg

NKohala03-71208.jpg

NKohala04-71208.jpg

xvart.

Wow... I love that peristome. Yellow is my favorite color. Like I say, your plants always look incredible.

Taking cuttings anytime soon? ;-) Kidding

looks great J.C. The yellow is awsome.

Nice! I really like the peristome, too. Do the pitchers maintain that excellent coloration as they age?

Here are a couple more pictures of the rest of the plant. DJ - I don't think I'll be taking cuttings anytime soon!

Nice! I really like the peristome, too. Do the pitchers maintain that excellent coloration as they age?

I'm not really sure. I believe it will redden up a little more based on the pitcher that came (broken off) with the plant. The peristome will fortunately stay the same color. There are actually two growth points, but the other one is producing more juvenile pitchers, and they don't color up much yet.

NKohala06-61308.jpg

NKohala08-61308.jpg

NKohala07-61308.jpg

xvart.

DJ - I don't think I'll be taking cuttings anytime soon!

I don't blame you, I wouldn't be either! Nice plant though.

Wow - I love the yellow. Very nice! What's the parentage of this ?

Wow - I love the yellow. Very nice! What's the parentage of this ?

N. [(kampotiana x maxima) x (fusca x veitchii)]

xvart.

A few more detail pictures. I'm fascinated by the peristome shape and lid coloration.

NKohala61408007.jpg

NKohala61408008.jpg

NKohala61408010.jpg

NKohala61408012.jpg

xvart.

My kohala's peristome turns a bronze color after a week of opening, but the pitchers are more green too.
I will say that it has really grown on me.
332338619_i9BdC-X2.jpg

Looks good! Thanks for sharing. What do your leaves look like?

My kohala's peristome turns a bronze color after a week of opening, but the pitchers are more green too.

Gotta love the variety of seed grown plants!

xvart.

My leaves are red, furry and wavy.

Will re post once photobucket is working with me.

Last edited:
Interesting mine looks like something completely different.

Haha. Awesome! I was hoping some more members had this plant and could show the variations. Great looking plant, Daniel. I like the peristome you got going on there.

xvart.

Making some serious dew on the pitcher lid:

NKohala-72708.jpg

xvart.

Ah, yet another N. Splendiana hybrid! (N. Splendiana x N. Gentle), I think.

Just FYI Gentle = maxima x fusca. Not veitchii x fusca.

Oops, my bad.:blush:

Thanks for clearing that up for me.:)

Back