What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. hamata x platychilla

Hi all
anyone grow these?
Here is a picture of my newest pitcher

and a flowering quelchii :)

I almost got my hands on one not too long ago, but it fell through. After seeing your pic, I REALLY wish I would've been able to get it. Very nice..

I have one, but thanks to a thrips attack it might not pull through. The next leaft bud is measuring in millimeters, if that.

Niiiice! Man am I happy I gave away the platy x veitchii a while ago and opted to make space for this one instead :p Mine's still puny but I love it:
DSC_0007-14.jpg

DSC_0022-4.jpg

Oh man, I think your N. hamata x platychila pitcher is possible the nicest looking one I've seen. I'm much fonder of it than of the ones I've seen previously.

Also your U. quelchii... Oh, so gorgeous.

Now I'm really jealous. Mine's probably as good as dead. :-(

That's a very nice hamata x platychilla pitcher! Mine have spotted pitchers but no flaring peristome yet. I got this one cos it was far cheaper than the true N. platychilla but it's such a slow grower for me. It's larger than my young N. hamatas but the hamatas probably put out 2 or 3 leaves to each one on the hybrid. So much for hybrid vigor! LOL

I wanna see what uppers are gonna look like...:0o:

I got one of those. It just put out a nice pitcher after a bunch of small ones with no lid. another way to tell its growing season!

Back