What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. hamata - new cutting (mass $55)

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Nepenthes hamata - a new 3-leaf tip cutting from one of the vining growth points on my mature parent plant. I will cut the vine just prior to shipping. There are many tutorials on rooting Nepenthes if you are unfamiliar with the process - here's one.

Here's a pic of the vine that I will cut (sorry for quality - it's not very accessible)
NhamataNASCvine033113RS.jpg

Two pitchers on other side of tank
NhamataNASCpitchers033113RS.jpg

This pitcher developed soon after Exo was sent a rooted piece of vine from this plant (used with permission)
Nhamata-upper_1-4-13_zpse58b61ef.jpg

- Bidding starts @ $2.
- Buyer pays shipping - which is estimated to be ~$12 (this is a guess ???). If you win more than one of my auctions, I will combine shipping to reduce costs.
- USA only.
- Please plan to pay within 24 hours of auction close.
- For questions or suggestions, I can be reached @
Emailaddressasimage.jpg

$30

$31

Just for fun :) 40$

Might as well toss a coin in the pot. Way to go making me miss my hamata.

$50

database error!?!?! Why did it take 5 minutes for my post to show up?

$55

Last edited:
Payment has been received by the NASC. You are free to ship!

That's why it's always good to respond to your emails, rather than ignoring them. People wonder if their emails even went through when they go unresponded to.

Last edited:
I've made 3 attempts to contact Ron about where to send my payment for shipping. But am lacking a response from him..
I see he's already sending out plants to winners. Anyone know his PayPal address so I can join those lucky few?

I made immediate payment to the treasurer for this item, and would've liked to do so for the shipping costs. Any help getting an answer to my emails or PM's would be greatly appreciated.
Mass,
The response to your question was included in the PM sent to you @ 1:02AM Saturday night / Sunday morning (along with all the other winners of my auctions). This end-of-auction PM was somewhat delayed since I continued to receive database errors for some time after the auction ended. Two of your three "attempts" to contact me came after you responded to this PM (but apparently failed to read in it's entirety). I was responding to your third "attempt" as you were writing this public request / castigation.

As you observed, I mailed packages to a "lucky few" this morning when the post office opened. To do this, I spent a significant part of Sunday night / late Monday morning packing these "lucky few" parcels (actually 12 auctions worth of plants). As you know from the PM, I have a total of 26 auctions with 46 plants to pack, ship, deliver to USPS & update each individual thread.

I apologize that I did not meet your expectations and prioritize your package over the 12 others that were shipped (& possibly over the other 13 auction winners that have yet to be shipped).

I'm just trying to pay my shipping fee's. Why does that make me a bad person?

Last edited:
Guys, the end of auction is very hectic and I just want to remind everyone to please be patient with one another (and with us on the NASC board as we sort out all the payments and whatnot). If you have any issue feel free to message me privately.

No issue.. I'm just trying to pay my shipping fee's. How does that make me the bad guy? I don't understand..

Is that such a big deal?
Ron's response to my request to make payment was personally offensive. And for that, I feel I'm owed an apology.

Last edited:
My post wasn't meant to be malicious or mean. Those were sincere requests and questions. How am I the bad guy in all of this!?!?

fee's paid. package shipped. tracking received..
Next time don't take things so dang personal Ron. None of what I said was meant as an attack on you. If I was trying to be mean, you'd know it.

Last edited:
Payment has been received by the NASC. You are free to ship!
Thanks to a quick payment by the winner & an equally speedy notification by Presto, I was able to get this package into the mail today.

Shipped today over lunch via USPS Priority. Tracking info should be in recipient's email (from USPS website). Personal email with postage reimbursement information has been sent to recipient.

Additional information for Mass below:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
No issue.. I just want to pay my shipping fee's and be done with this. Just trying to follow the rules..

"Once Sheila has received payment for an item, she will notify the donor (and copy the bidder) that s/he can ship the item; the donor should have received shipping fees by this time."

Is that such a big deal?
Mass,
My approach has been to use actual shipping prices. I do it this way so nobody gets screwed. If I had to guess on a price - I'd be forced to pick a flat-rate box that was slightly larger than I suspected would be needed. This would protect me but hose the buyer. My approach places me at risk of someone not paying (since I'm shipping 'at risk'). However, I'm willing to assume that risk to ensure that both sides get the best deal. As a relevant example for today's shipment, I would have used a USPS Medium Flat Rate Box costing $12.35. I shipped your cutting at a cost of $5.35 in the same-size box for a savings of $7.00.

I explain this approach in the PM, you deleted. if anyone has an issue, they are free to state that & I will give them a flat-rate price (btw - in hundreds of auction items, trades & 'giveaways-for-postage' - you are the 1st to have a problem).

I hope this answers your questions / concerns about my approach to postage reimbursement.

Ron's response to my request to make payment was personally offensive. And for that, I feel I'm owed an apology.
Ummmm - no (truthfully - I have no idea why you want me to apologize) :scratch:

However ......
I am sorry that you deleted the PM that answered your questions
I am sorry that you deleted the PM before realizing that you apparently had an issue with the suggested postage reimbursement process
I am sorry that you expected me to ship your plant ahead of everyone else (who knew?)
I am sorry that I spent half the night packing plants, printing labels (& all the other stuff) just so that I would need to publicly defend my actions / inactions / decisions once I woke up and delivered the packages to the post office
I am sorry that you've taken an excellent charity and overall good cause and added an element of 'Mass-drama' to it
I am sorry that I've become an unwilling participant in this drama
I am sorry that I've allowed you to make me reconsider my participation in future NASC auctions

I hope the cutting does well for you (I shipped a 5-leaf tip cutting vs the 3-leaf originally posted in the auction - so there is enough material to make 2 cuttings - should you wish).

My involvement with this particular auction item is now complete.

Way to turn this around on me..
But whatever, I'm the bad guy. I usually am, so I'm used to it.

Thank you for everything Ron.
Don't walk away from this good cause.

Last edited:
In hindsight, I apologize for my previous non-constructive comment. I did mean well.

I vote that we all take a moment to recognize what this has all been about- acts of generosity and support of the conservation of these weird plants we all obsess over. NASC does very important work (IMHO) and everyone who donated plants or bought them has contributed to that important cause.

Namaste everyone!

Last edited:
My involvement with this particular auction item is now complete.
..... or so I thought. ???

Upon not seeing a thread update by the auction winner (& being concerned), I checked USPS tracking and found:

Your Item's Status
Your item was delivered at 10:00 am on April 18,
2013 in xxxxxxx, xx xxxxx (address removed)

USPS apparently delivered package last Thursday @ 10 AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back