What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. edwardsiana growers - come in!

Thanks for the tip, Ron. I've been selectively plucking it to keep it tame because I like the way it looks. Best to get it out of the pot of my most valuable and favorite plant though, just in case. Maybe I'll set up a pot for it all by itself.

Last edited:
Looking pretty nice this morning,

37ba82c8bd513ebdb36c324e6cd58109.jpg

holy crap<textarea id="adlesse_unifier_magic_element_id" style="display: none;"></textarea>

Looking great Jeremiah. Any pics of the whole plant ? Has this one flowered for you yet ?

I want one. Has this one flowered? Amazing growing every time I see a picture of that thing it gives me the willies :lol:

Gorgeous!
Even though that's a tough act to follow, thought I'd join in on the fun and show an update of my seed grown plant. (recently repotted)

Looks good, Travis. I think the newest leaf growing out is going to be substantially larger.

Looks good, Travis. I think the newest leaf growing out is going to be substantially larger.

Hope you're right brotha.. It's been pretty slow moving for me this winter.
Seems that only my villosas really enjoy the 42*F nights and 62*F days we've been getting in the GH since December. But alas, things are finally starting to thaw and warm up around here.
Think temps in the GH got up to 70*F today, and only down to the low 50*s last night. Spring is finally coming to New Canada!!

looks good!

Hope you're right brotha.. It's been pretty slow moving for me this winter.
Seems that only my villosas really enjoy the 42*F nights and 62*F days we've been getting in the GH since December. But alas, things are finally starting to thaw and warm up around here.
Think temps in the GH got up to 70*F today, and only down to the low 50*s last night. Spring is finally coming to New Canada!!

Sorry, I didn't see this until now. 42 is pretty damn cold, but shouldn't be too much of an issue if the days are warmer. If you can get that one up to about 80F during the day, I think you'll see a noticeable grow increase.

Took all of my plants out over the weekend and moved them into a grow tent. I seldom get to see my plants, so I took some photos. Here's the edwardsiana from Rob:

N. edwardsiana

Nice ! Hell of a leaf jump there !

peekaboo

Man, I really miss my eddie. I lost mine to what I call Insidious Rot Syndrome, when it rotted out from under itself. :cry: I don't know exactly what caused it, but i suspect night temps too low, without a large enough increase during the day. It was just too cold this winter. :down:

Wonderful, well grown plants everyone.

had a sizable jump in leaf size. (trying to contain excitement)

the AW is getting there too.

Looks great, Pablo!

Man, I really miss my eddie. I lost mine to what I call Insidious Rot Syndrome, when it rotted out from under itself. :cry: I don't know exactly what caused it, but i suspect night temps too low, without a large enough increase during the day. It was just too cold this winter. :down:

That's probably correct. It's important to keep your plants on the dry side when temperatures are consistently low.

Truly a case of "no description needed". :-O

Back