What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. alata and N. miranda care and tips

Ant

Your one and only pest!
I plan to get a N. alata and a N. miranda with my chrismas money. They will be mature plants in 6 inch and 8 inch pots. I was wondering if you had any tips on them. I plan to grow them outside with my other neps. I also will bring them in for winter. Just so I don't waste my money what difficulty rating would give them on a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being the easiest and 10 the hardest.

If anyone saw that it was my stupid bro

for both? I can do that.:water:

no, 0.5 as a combined total! ;)

N. alata and N. miranda are probably 2 of the easiest to grow Neps. Give them intermediate/lowland conditions depending on variety you get.

the alata you are going to get is most likely 'Ventrata'. it's a hybrid between alata and ventricosa. VERY easy plant. The miranda is also an easy one.

I was wodering if there were any easy plants that can I also should try, I only began having good success with my first 2 neps. this summer. Here is a link to my neps. The ventricosa I had for 3 years and most of that growth is from the summer. http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff291/antcatcher/my plants/

Back