What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mystery Traveler

Sundews are common weeds in the world of CP's, but this doesn't look like one to me. It could be some kind of bladderwort, which are also somewhat common weeds. I really need a better photo to tell.

Thanks, I'll get a better photo when I can. That's as good as I can get with my phones camera since its about the size of a dime

Doesn't look like anything more than moss to me.

Yea, definitely not a sundew, but some sort of moss

Do you guys think it might be a moss worth cultivating? I had been thinking of growing some live sphagnum to go with my planned collection

If you plan on buildling a terrarium, you could keep some for that. Otherwise, it's not worth keeping.

Moss? Looks like something else . . . not a CP . . . but something else.

If curious, could try moving it to its own pot and grow it out some....

just some moss spp, and definitely not sphagnum moss, which means it's not worth growing it with any other CPs, but it may add some greens to your garden if you want to keep it in its own pot.

Does moss tend to be sticky? One of its shoots has sort of picked up a clump of dirt and its just hanging underneath it. Still can't get a better picture cause it's still really small

It's not "sticky" per say, but it does grow into the soil just as any other plant does. Some is more loose though, I have a variety growing in my backyard that is more like a big mat that I can just pull off the ground.

Moss
They do not have proper roots, but have threadlike rhizoids that anchor them to their substrate. Mosses do not absorb water or nutrients from their substrate through their rhizoids.

I'll try to get a picture in a few days- its not growing into the soil per say, but one of the leaves has sort of picked up a clump of something. Its hanging off the side of a stalk. It doesn't really look like anything I can find a picture of but it sort of resembles a byblis in some ways. I can also see how it resembles a bit of moss so I'll keep growing it for a while

Back