What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my thai-imported Betta (pure platinum white, gold dragon, red dragon...)

This forum section here is dead for a few days, hehehe...

so I will post my betta splendens collection up:

imported from Thailand via Aquabid.com (i highly recommend Nicebettas, she's SO sweet and likes to give deals to her buyers, her name is Vinita)

"milk"
firstplatinumwhitesm2.jpg

firstwhitecornerhy8.jpg

"cloud"
secondwhiteflaringzj7.jpg

secondwhitevu8.jpg

unnamed- HE'S A DOUBLE-TAIL copper betta!!! look closely at his tail, it's split in half!
dtcopperwl1.jpg

"supernova", a gold dragon... sooo beautiful...
yellowdragonflaringxe3.jpg

"banana"
bananayellowbettagu1.jpg

bananayellowhl4.jpg

still thinking of a name, maybe "andromeda"
img3225jq0.jpg

what i would like to own one day:
unknownflickrvx7.jpg

Very pretty. Is the split tail rare or does that particular species always have split tails? I also like the name Andromeda.

xvart.

Love the looks of the gold dragon, "supernova".

They are absolutely gorgeous!!! Gotta few females for the guys?

:-O Those white ones are incredible!! I've never seen such nice betas

I'm absolutely blown away. I didn't know fish like these even existed. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for the warm responses.

I did not know fish like these existed, either. I thought the local Petsmart/Petco bettas were about as pretty as they get.

The double-tail is a rare trait but many breeders breed hordes of fish with the trait to get a few babies with the trait, so it's easily acquirable.

i had a female double tail copper from the same seller, unfortunately, she jumped out of a TINY HOLE in her lid and i found her DEAD AND DRIED UP THE NEXT MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and today one of my beloved albino corydoras catfish was found dead... i buried him...

oops, i digress.

I have a 12-gallon tank as well, with 8 or 9 or so female betta living together. this is very common in the betta hobby, it's called a betta sorority.

there is an insane betta forum : ultimatebettas.com, where everyone talks bettas all day :)

i highly recommend investing in a few thai-imported betta to anyone. buy a few at a time, to make the $30 or so shipping cost well worth it. betta are very low maintenance fish in my opinion. (feed them twice a day, take 10 minutes each weekend for a water change, 5 minutes if you just have a couple betta).

it's called a betta sorority.

That is freaking hilarious. I always thought it was "beta" like the alphabet so thanks for informing me otherwise.

xvart.

fantastic. :D makes me feel like getting a betta and going into aquariums again. :p

yes, the first time i heard of a betta "sorority", i laughed extremely hard.

it is VERY cute. they all interact with each other. they are not like platies or generic community fish, they are very quirky and explore their environments and each other.

oh, and i also learned this year "Betta" is pronounced like "Feta" cheese!!! (not "bay-ta", it's "bet-ta"

i was corrected over the phone by my transhipper Linda Olson :)

If you buy from Thailand, you can actually just pay about $14 or so for priority mail shipping, but i actually did the second time around. my fish were all completely healthy, shockingly, except for one male who bit his fins from stress (understandably)

if you're just buying one or two, go ahead and go with priority, if you're buying a handful, priority would still be okay, but it might be worht the investment for $30 overnight.

You'd be amazed at how many times I hear people spell and pronounce Betta as Beta! Those male Bettas are far superior in colour and finnage to the mass produced ones, here, which actually are shipped to California from Singapore.

Your fish…

Those are stunningly beautiful. I love the whites. So pure and pristine!
Puts me in the mind of a dazzling white orchid.

Thanks for sharing.

thanks carito. :) I love ur gold dragon. :)

Incredible fish. Several times I've come so close to getting into bettas. How much did that group of fish run you?

I've had poor luck with bettas, all mine end up biting their tails. I'm done with them after Jaafar :(

Back