What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my terrarium

here is the last version of my terrarium

photo0095xp1.jpg

Those plants are etoliated, and the Sarracenia and Dionaea will require dormancy.

If you didn't already, test the rocks with an acid before use.

those are granite rocks
i washed them with water
do i need acid shower after it all?

and did you mean etiolated?

Last edited by a moderator:
I did. I always get that wrong.

Test any rocks with vinegar. If they fizz, they aren't usable.

and did you mean etiolated?

That means it's starved of light. It looks pretty dim there. Granite seems to have some good effects on sarrs.

No, I misspelled it.

Do you have any literature on granite and Sarracenia?

move the sarracenia and flytraps out of the terrarium, and acclimate them to full sun. Then place them outside once acclimated and harden them off to the elements, you might be able to keep them outside during winter, what weather zone you live in?
And the plants are etiolated there growth is elongated and they are really really green but I doubt thats becuase they're anthocyanin free clones. The nepenthes, their soil looks too wet they like moist soil, Oh double triple maybe even quadruple your lighting and get a tank that is not so tall so the plants are closer to the lights, you won't need a tall terrarium especially once you move the sarracenia out of there.

Back