What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my new mini bog

update: added more pictures taken with better camera. enjoy! :)

here is the pictures of my new mini circulating mini bog. pictures arent the best quality(1 mega-pixel cell phone)

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://picasaweb.google.com/s/c/bin/slideshow.swf" width="800" height="533" flashvars="host=picasaweb.google.com&captions=1&RGB=0x000000&feed=http%3A%2F%2Fpicasaweb.google.com%2Fdata%2Ffeed%2Fapi%2Fuser%2Fbillylh%2Falbumid%2F5181097084867219265%3Fkind%3Dphoto%26alt%3Drss" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed>

comments are welcome, even criticism, seriously my first real garden, so its a free for all :)

~b

should i have posted this in my other thread?:scratch:

You've set the stage. Post another picture in a few months.

You've set the stage. Post another picture in a few months.

Please do. You should take a picture from the same location every couple days and then do one of those animation things to watch them grow.

xvart.

yes a timelapse just take numerous photos and keep the best ones and upload them to your pc where you can date them in folders and then later compile a slideshow.

umm, i guess i never asked, how often should i replace the water in the bog? keep in mind that the reservoir holds roughly 16 gallons, plus the water thats being circulated thru, so in all i say almost 20 gal. of water being used.... it is a fairly closed system but i dont know if the water ever really goes bad?

there are alot of overflow drains so it should be able to handle a huge down pour and never overflow the top or the reservoir. i really just want to be able to leave it completely alone now and just enjoy being around it.

~b

Your bog looks really nice, congrats and keep it up!

-Flash

update! added photos in slideshow :)

Nice i really like the updates

-Flash

I have my barrel bog setup going to add drosera in a month.
And I'll get another planter eventually.

honestly, i did not do much searching on the web, i was at lowes and was looking for planters when i saw the liner and the barrel and decided i'd be different, guess that wasnt the case :)

can i say that im one of the first, if not the first to have a circulating mini barrel bog?

~b

well, as i have mentioned before, we have a little chihuahua that terrorizes my mini bog. wish i wouldve gotten a picture before i rebuilt it. imagine, peat EVERYWHERE and no plants in sight....and a dirty chihuahua, hmmmmm...coincidence? i think not!

i guess i just need to go ahead and built a chicken wire fence around it...

So in the last week that ive had my bog, this is the 3rd time having to save my plants.

~b

That sucks well just get a electric fence running into the bog so when the dog touches it ZAAAAPPPPPPP! and than you shouldnt have any more problems lol.

Very, nice! I'm new to CP's and wish that I had that kind of talent.

Back