What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new GH! And a Couple neps!

Well after about 24 hours total of labor (18 of those ours were spent digging!), the new GH is coming along quite nicely! ;D I haven't been able to work on it for about a month due to wrestling on weekdays and pouring rain on weekends! :'( But the whether has started to clear up and I am very excited to finish it this weekend! ;D ;D ;D

The old grow area...
neps.jpg

The soon to be completed GH! ;D
gh3.jpg

A side veiw...
gh2.jpg

A pipe going under and coming up in the middle of th GH for electicity....
gh1.jpg

A drain at the lowest point so it doesn't flood...
gh4.jpg

And for the Nep..... My new N. Gothica I got from Plantman on ebay! It was bigger than expected and quickly becoming my new fav! :)
neps2.jpg

nice greenhouse!

Good looking work. Are you using a kit or DIY?

I have that exact same greenhouse. After a panel blew off in a wind storm, I ordered an extra bag of panel clips from the manufacturer. Even with double the amount of panel clips, I still had another panel blow off in the last extra windy day. I highly suggest that you look into getting some cargo straps such as
these
and wrapping them around your greenhouse. I'm not sure how you would use straps to secure the roof panels, but I am sure you can solve that without too much thought.

I envy your neps. i have always wanted to get a mini greenhouse. I guess i will be getting the ventrata at the local nursery soon. *sigh*

I was going to buy that same greenhouse in June. But now that I see it, I realize I need something a LOT taller. I don't see me being 6'3" with a greenhouse like that working out very well. I'll be hitting my head on everything. Going to have to go with the 10' x 12' or 8' x 10' I think..

well you could just put it on a raised platform... I was gonna do that but cant because it would have exceded the fence line. :(

its nice im jelous :D nice work

Back