What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Nepenthes collection

bluebird

Rub my belly!
I had some time to go through all my pictures and resize most of them so here they are most are older ones and some are new..

Looks like it can only have so many attachments I'm posting another one with N.gentle

Second set is of my second Nepenthes N.Sanguinea Orange from Andy's store
(1.)What it looked like when it came to my house it had a broken growth point it was packaged pretty good so I'm not sure why ah well it grew a new leaf in the same spot.
(2.)Same as the eigth picture just another angle.
(3.)Picture of it fully recovered also my N.Sanguinea from lowes too you can tell which is which easy the left one is the lowes nepenthes and the right Andy's.
(4.) same as ten just different angle.
(5.)Recently it's been pretty sunny through the week and it's recent leaf got a tan. :blush:
(6.)close shot of it's biggest pitcher which is 5 inches.
(7.)close shot of it's lid lots of drops on it..

third set is my two lowlanders N.Ampullaria and N.bicalcarata not sure what kind I know the Amps pitchers is green with small red spots...
(8.)My N.Ampullaria the day I got it which it came in a 3inch pot with coco chips and LFS.
(9.)Same as my N.Ampullaria cocochips/LFS
(10.)the pitcher that came with it.
(11.)Close up of the N.bicalcarata
(12.)My N.Ampullaria's first leaf formed here.
(13.)N.Bicalcarata leaf is openning. :boogie:
(14.)N.Ampullaria as of today You can see the damaged leaves it had it when it first arrived.
(15.)N.Bicalcarata as of today the new growth point is a little bigger then the last one.
(16.)N.Ampullaria's new pitcher comming on the new leaf.

Here's a couple of extra pictures the first is what my N.gentle looked like when I took it out of it's pot to repot the roots are circled in white I completely got rid of the old media it was just peat from what I could tell I soaked it in a big bucket for a bit and put it in it's new pot of peat/orchidbark/lfs 2/3/2 about that measurements I put a bit more peat around the roots it was a crazy day repotting that big Nepenthes and no pictures of the roots sorry my hands were so dirty repotting it also a box turtled walked near my back door.. cute guy or gal.. =)

Sorry some of the pictures are not very good I need to get a new camera, but this one will do for me right now.

nice neps. It's fun to watch them grow from small plants into vining multigrowth plants.
those sang. orange should start to grow like a weed.
peace,
zero

OK here we go my giant Nepenthes Gentle/Velvet whatever you want to call it..
The first set of pictures is my first Nepenthes N.gentle
(1.)picture of the nepenthes when I first got the plant.
(2.) picture of the whole plant as of today also the ruler in front of it is a 36inch ruler hopefully it helps with size referance.
(3.)picture of it's five basals.
(4.)an upcomming pitcher on one of the basals.
(5.) The longer vine which is about 26 inches
(6.)Tendril curling around a basal.
(7.)a tendril curling around a older tendril.

For my birthday present my mom agreed to allow me to get a shelf and lights to build a nice grow shelf so my Nepenthes should be looking alot better once I get one also here's the link to the thread with pictures of my N.Sibuyanensis X N.Hamata ..

Nice looking collection! It appears that you are using the sun through the window as your source of light. What do you do in the fall/winter, when the the sun's photoperiod drops below 12/12? When I have had mine at the window they stop pitchering from November to May.

Thanks for the comments zero, mrtruncata, and jumscott I hope once I get my grow self setup the plants will look alot better I was finally able to convince my mom to allow me to get one as my birthday gift.

In November I should have some extra money from birthday money so I plan to use it on getting a shelf like I seen on the Greenhouses, Terrariums and Bog Gardens discussion area and some shopelights right now I'm still trying to figure out what kind of a shelf to get etc..

I'll post updates once my Neps grow a bit more.

Here's a little update of mu N.Sanguinea from Andy after a repot it made one deformed pitcher and then another one, but it looked almost normal, but now it's finally opened this one I took the pictures when I noticed it opened a little so the peristome is very interesting looking..

I'll take a little more pictures soon of it now that it's coloring up a bit more I like it's striped peristome. =)

Wonderful Neps

The box turtle is a male.

nice neps and your pics are pretty good too! keep it up! :)

Back