What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My modest Terrarium

Hi all

Built myself a medium sized terrarium about a month ago. So far it seems like the Dorsera I've got in there are loving it.
With the exception of my little D. Adelae. For some reason it has turned super red almost black on the tips of it's new growth and produces no dew :-( The humidity is good at around 65% - 80% but I'm thinking the light might be to intense for it. Will have test and see.

I'm using the terrarium mostly to propagate sundews from seed and give my newly acquired dew's a boost.

Anyways, here are some pics of the Terrarium:

IMG_20140429_220129.jpg

3855.jpg

3856.jpg

Last edited:
D. adelae is a very picky species in my experience. The conditions are easy to provide, but must not be changed suddenly. Even then, they eventually died on me. It sounds like leaf burn from increasing light levels too much, too fast. It's not producing dew because it is still stressed from the change.

Last edited:
D. adelae is a very picky species in my experience. The conditions are easy to provide, but must not be changed suddenly. Even then, they eventually died on me. It sounds like leaf burn from increasing light levels too much, too fast. It's not producing dew because it is still stressed from the change.

I've removed the Adelae from the Terrarium and will put it in a shaded area with high humidity and see how it does. Hoping it will bounce back.

The plant in the front left corner is a D. Regia. It got damaged in the post when it was sent to me but it has made a really fast recovery in the Terrarium. It seems to enjoy the humidity and high light output.

Last edited:
my D. adelea is being weird right now too...

@Robster

Ya, that is strange. Almost looks like it got munched by a bug of some sort.

ya, thats what I thought at first but then I realized it just formed like that...???

I find Adalea to be super easy. Grows like weeds for me. Bright window, sitting in a water tray. That's all it needs.

Back