What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My humble pervillei: my very first post

Hi all, I'm a newbie in this forum. Let me post my 7yrs pervillei as my first thread, thank you!

Upper basal:

IMG_3294_zpsx9jzz0me.jpg

IMG_3295_zpsmdlm4zfi.jpg

IMG_3296_zps4svijwre.jpg

First basal:

IMG_3297_zpslqfvs5xm.jpg

IMG_3299_zps0i5veohq.jpg

Plant as a hole:

IMG_3293_zpsm18wp0or.jpg

Thank you for watching!pe

Nice, I like it! What temperature range do you grow it in?
Andrew

Hi Andrew,
In my condition I keep temp ranges from 59-104 F yearround.

cheers

Very cool plant. I've heard their care is atypical compared to other nepenthes. It looks very healthy.

Yes, it prefers higher illumination, hopefully full sun, warmer temp and drier air humidity...in all if in subtropical area it will be weed. By the way, it definitely hates hiland condition.

Nice plant! I don't think I've ever seen another grower post pictures of this species before.

New to the forum, but if you can get that thing pitchering I'm going to guess you're not new to CP's. How I would love to find this one day...and have a place to put it.

Thank you, I am a nepenthes and tissue culture enthusiast:-D

Are you sure it likes low humidity or does it just tolerate it? I read it likes high humidity and a drier potting mix compared to other Neps.

I don't have extra sample to cary out experiment, but here it does exceptionally well in summer dispite the ~60% air humidity. Moreover, I think in its original habitat seychelles the environment is highly open, plants are exposed directly to sun and sea wind, result in low humidity.
And ,the leaves are very thick, covered with visible wax layer, I think this is another sign that it may "get used to" lower humidity:jester:

What a beautiful plant! Congratulations on such a lovely nepenthes.

60% is pretty high humidity on average unless you're talking about tropic rainforest (and near oceanic regions that's probably about right); around here a high level is 40% on a wet day. The thicker leaves are definitely an adaptation to the open habitat though.

A great example of one of my favorite species! I found N. pervillei to be difficult to establish but generally not a slow grower; I've been looking for one for a long time but it's definitely not easy to find anymore.

German vendor have buches of T/Ced plants to sell after its winterbreak.

Back