What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first sarracenia flower--pollen?

My sarracenia alata var alata put out a flower (first one!) and I'd love to cross pollinate it. I only have one flower so nothing to cross it with. Hate to ask, but anyone have any extra pollen out there--would be up for almost anything!

Your Sarracenia is flowering in November, in Illinois??? Am I missing something? If this is true, then you are going to be hard pressed to find pollen.

Yup! Little weird I know. It's an indoor plant.

They bloom in the fall due to heat stress.. It can be pollinated with its own pollen.. But your not going to find any other pollen this time of year.

possible to find flowers just depends on how far south you need to go. Let me go home and check

If you don't mind me asking, why are you growing a sarr indoors?

Does anyone even have fall flowers successfully seed?

In NW Florida sometimes sarrs have flowers in the fall, saw one last week actually, but they normally don't have time to mature before the cold sets in, indoors might be different though.

Back