What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My First Plants!

Hello everyone! Today I went to the Orchid Expo and got my first plants for my terrarium!

Standard Venus Flytrap
photo1_zps32cb5596.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Nepenthes Ampullaria
photo3_zps641f7880.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
photo2_zps6d478a77.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Sophronitis Cernua
photo4_zps35fd0676.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Tank Shot :-D
photo5_zps296b27e5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Nice ampullaria! It's weird how the leaves have red dots on them, though.

Nice Plants! Looks like a nice terrarium, did you make that yourself? With the N. Ampullaria you are going to want to keep it quite humid in there. As far as the red dots, that seems to be fairly common so I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks! Its a 65 gallon acrylic aquarium turned on its side. I keep the humidity around 80-98%.

Stoked to see your tank with plants! Very jealous that you can get to an Expo like that. Those are such nice plants. Ordered me a VFT off of a site I have used before and it is crazy dormant and small, I think it is even smaller than it should be. Would be awesome if mine was as mature as yours. Yours looks great!

Enjoy growing! :D

not for certain but that ampullaria looks like it could be a 'lime twist'. Congrats on the plants btw and hopefully many more to fill up all that space you have ;)

Thanks everyone! Yeah the guy who sold me the amp said it was a lime twist because of the green inside the pitchers.. Will be ordering more plants this week!

I have lime twist too, and yours indeed looks like it. The burns on the leaves mean that the lighting is too strong. I have noticed this on my amps, enough shade and no burn marks.

Adorable!

The burns on the leaves mean that the lighting is too strong. I have noticed this on my amps, enough shade and no burn marks.
But don't worry about your lighting yet, Octopus. Those burn marks came with your plant and so you will have to wait and see how they do for you under your tank's lights.

I bet they will be fine if not wanting more light. :)

okay cool I will watch it and see how things go.

Back