What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first Ping!

tommyr

Gardening freak!
Just got this Thursday! P. moranensis. 3" in diameter.

PingMoranensis01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on the first ping. :) Good luck with it!

Congrats! They're easy and less enigmatic that a D. adelae.

All the Mexican butterworts I've owned in my life died on me. I guess it was because it was time for their dry stage and I over-watered them and didn't give them enough light.

However, if they are grown properly, they thrive and their flowers rival those of orchids or African violets.

Hi Jim and Ahmad,
Well I find D. adelae and D. capensis very easy to grow, almost too easy so I hope to have nearly the same luck with my Pings. I have to others coming, P. prive something or other. The name escapes me at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats! They're great plants. :)

Hi Jim and Ahmad,
Well I find D. adelae and D. capensis very easy to grow, almost too easy so I hope to have nearly the same luck with my Pings. I have to others coming, P. prive something or other. The name escapes me at the moment.

I have to correct myself, I have 2 P. Primulifloras coming, hopefully this week.

P. primuliflora is essentially the same as growing D. adelae including the occasional suicidal tendencies.

P. primuliflora is essentially the same as growing D. adelae icluding the occasional suicidal tendencies.

True. It likes to be grown in very wet conditions, even if it means the main plant would rot away. However, it produces tons of new plantlets off the leaf tips.

Thanks Jim and Ahmad! I should do o.k. with them then!

Back