What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My B52 arrived today

It arrived dormant, which is fine. I planted it outside in a pot with other VFT's that are going dormant and marked it so I would remember which was which since they're all ugly in the Spring.

I resisted the temptation of taking leaf pullings of a dormant B52 and putting them under my fluorescent light. I'd probably kill the thing and get no sprouts.

I'd post pics but it's really not much to look at right now. Just an update. :)

Take a few leaf pullings of the previous years traps in the spring. I have had pretty good success with those.

Does it seem like you received a fairly mature plant? I remember when I first got my B52. HUGE traps, double the size of my typical.

Does it seem like you received a fairly mature plant? I remember when I first got my B52. HUGE traps, double the size of my typical.

I would say it's still got about 2 years before it's fully mature. For the age of the plant, the traps are massive though.

Back